No announcement yet.

What are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's wrong with pleasure? That's why nearly everyone pursues sex.
    "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
    -Bokonon

Comment

Pleasure for it's own ends is boring.

Jon Miller
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Indeed, sounds like JM is placing himself on a pedestal of self-righteousness and "holier-than-thou" nonsense.
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

NAh, I admit to being a bit of a hedonist also.

I just desire not to be.

Jon Miller
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

GASP!!!!

Cleanse yourself of such filthy desires and temptations, JM! Get in touch with BK so that he may save you!

A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Who said anything about desires and temptations?

This was my old dream "I tell them to turn to the study of mathematics, for it is only there that
              they might escape the lusts of the flesh.
              -- Thomas Mann, "The Magic Mountain" "

Jon Miller
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Pleasure for it's own ends is boring.
                Is your objection to pleasure in sex or having sex to the exclusion of doing other pleasurable things (i.e. reading a book or studying nature or having a beer with friends). I don't see how this has anything to do with sexual orientation. Exactly what do heterosexual or homosexual people get out of sex that bisexual people don't?

Seriously, wtfjm.
                "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                -Bokonon

Comment

This was my old dream "I tell them to turn to the study of mathematics, for it is only there that
                  they might escape the lusts of the flesh.
                  -- Thomas Mann, "The Magic Mountain" "
                  "Physics is like sex; it may have some practical result, but that's not why we do it."
                  -Feynman
                  -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by Ramo

Is your objection to pleasure in sex or having sex to the exclusion of doing other pleasurable things (i.e. reading a book or studying nature or having a beer with friends). I don't see how this has anything to do with sexual orientation. Exactly what do heterosexual or homosexual people get out of sex that bisexual people don't?

Seriously, wtfjm.
                    Err, you missed my point. And many heterosexual and homosexual people are hedonists also.

You also seem to be having an issue thinking outside of the hedonist prospective.

Jon Miller
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

I was asking you to clarify your point since it sounds pretty ridiculous...
                      -Bokonon

Comment

Which point? That most people are hedonists? I think that is obvious.

Jon Miller
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

If my memory is right about Epicurus; everyone is hedonistic. But the key is to search the purest form of pleasure.

If I'm right, Epicurus said that contemplation was the highest form of pleasure...
                          bleh

Comment

Maybe everyone could be bi-sexual. But the question is; Is the goal of your life is being "controlled" by these kinds of pleasure and desire?
                            bleh

Comment

Which point?
                              The one I quoted...

Hedonism is such a useless concept. Yes, not only are most people hedonists, everyone's a hedonist (i.e. pursues pleasure in some form) to some extent.
                              -Bokonon

Comment

A hedonist persues pleasure as the prime purpose in sex.

Jon Miller
                                Jon Miller-
                                I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
                                X