X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Aggressors Ban Belgian Stripping-Girl Beer

Stripping Belgian lager girl off UK shelves

Removable swimsuit beer label ruled offside

A Belgian lager whose label features a buxom lass in a removable swimsuit* has been removed from sale in the UK, The Publican reports.

Rubbel Sexy Lager label featuring young lady in swimsuit Rubbel Sexy Lager - brewed by Brouwerij Huyghe - violated The Portman Group's Code of Practice, the Independent Complaints Panel ruled, because "the name of the drink and the swimsuit were associated with sexual success". Section 3.2 (d) of said code states: A drink, its packaging and any promotional material or activity should not in any direct or indirect way suggest any association with sexual success."

The ruling came after a complaint from Buckinghamshire Trading Standards. The Portman Group's big cheese David Poley offered: "Some people might think this is harmless fun but there is a serious issue involved. The industry has set itself strict marketing rules and this drink has fallen short of those high standards."

Bootnote

*The young lady's swimwear is stripped off by scratching, we gather. As for the beer itself, one Copenhagen ale fancier described it thus: "Nice white creamy and lasting head."

Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

"Nice white creamy and lasting head."
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

this thread has a very low view/replies ration. i should have posted the image with beer can

hint: use the link

Comment

"Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
        "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
        "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

shame on you

Comment

Well at least he posted it before scratching.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
            X