People take things too seriously

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People take things too seriously

I mean, people are often wound up for no good reason at all. To me, life is about entertainment. The entertainment of the self and my friends and family. THat's my view.

Why not? Seems very Christian to me. Life is a gift, why would I not use it? I'd go a step further, I'd say it's my duty to have fun. None of this protestant work ethic crap, or any other control your way of feeling and thinking doodoo. Doodoo in your face if you want me to feel guilty for having fun.

What does having fun mean? Not necessarily going and getting wasted. Just generally, try to enjoy things. I've distanced myself from the world a long time ago anyway. You know, like wars, misery and stuff. I sometimes think about wars, well, you guys want to fight, you both want to do it? OK, go ahead, don't mind if I'll grab some popcorn, get the statistics and go debate about the big tools and toys and who wins. Don't worry about me, I'm not the one destroying here, so just ... let me make the best out of this. I'm interested, and if you have no very personal stake in it, don't act like you're not interested because most of us are.

Good. Destroy each other.. it's not like we need all these people, we have lots of them. Soon, we have too much of them. Wars will give us lots of new technology, the science of medicine will go a lot further, we get better computer games, movies, books, this is all entertainment to me.

It is my duty to seek some hedonism in my privilidged life. I don't need to focus on survival, I'm lucky, so I should use all the advantages that I have and I feel like it's almost my duty. So what good is it to anyone else? Did it ever occur to people that I might not care for them? I do in general level, like I hope you have all the good things in life, but don't come and stop my party, or I'll smash babies and kitties, bash them with pointy rocks.

We're too much restricted by the knowledge we have, and by this I mean the knowledge of ourselves. I'm not talking about information and educating yourself, rather the deceptive knowledge that there's something wrong with me, there's something wrong with you and I need to take these actions to correct it and while I'm at it, I'm miserable. For example, when the hype about bacteria and germs came to life some decades ago, I mean peopel went nuts. It's like woaah, I can't do this or this and now I'm afraid. Or, I need to eat this or do this in order to have a healthy life, if I don't do this, I'm miserable.

The point is not to make educated choices. The point is, why let it restrict you inside and become miserable? I'm all for healthy life, but I won't let a good fat pizza make me miserable. I'll feast in it, I'll rub it on my chest, I'll be totally inappropriate and down right wrong with it. Not American Pie style, but I'll go Viking with it. If you have a problem wiht it, it is your problem, not mine.

I have a mission in life and that is to have loads of fun and entertainment. I can think for myself so I don't need to be guided into 'having a meaningful life' doing chores for some ass, just so I can call myself a person who suffered a lot. If you want to suffer, so be it. Excuse me for not agreeing with it. At the end, you might lie to yourself you had a good run, but I can only draw back to my memories and know I actually did. Made it count for something, and unless you were able to cure the cancer, you know, you didn't contribute anyway. Too many people, like I said, your existance is not meaningful to the people outside your family and friends, so don't act like your suffering made the world better. It didn't. You died stupid and with lots of memories about nothing. I died like a master. You see, I win you in death as well, so that's 2 for 2. Life check, death, check. Ultimate champion.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

I'm taking this way too seriously!

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Error: Pekka did not post a following post.

Comment

You must be at least 18 to criticize me. Complaints are not allowed.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

i was not criticizing or complaining. i was just in shock because there was only the opening post from you.

Comment

You are not even allowed to talk in my presence. You must ask for permission first and as for this thread, permission denied.

For every mistake you make, as in talk when you are not supposed to, you will hurt the future.
            In da butt.

Comment

ohhhhhhhhhhh well.

Comment

some people take toilet paper in public restrooms too seriously.

Comment

i take these forums too seriously... i admit.. and if those busters in "WTF is that place" want a war with me we shall have one!! yall know who yall are... TEST ME!

NOpiece!
                  Order of the Fly
                  Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                    You must be at least 18 to criticize me. Complaints are not allowed.

Ozzy will love this comment.
                    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                      some people take toilet paper in public restrooms too seriously.
                      I'm certainly not amused when there isn't any, or when there is but it's wet or something. Toilet paper is very serious.
                      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

It's such a easy mistake, so that's why there's no excuses.
                        In da butt.

Comment

i would get mad over that...
                          i admit... FULLY...
                          BTW my previous comment was asinine and impractical...
                          my apoligies to "you-know-who-you-are"
                          i feel...funny today...

piece
                          Order of the Fly
                          Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Working...
                          X