X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AACS pwned again

This is getting quite amusing.

Link

EmTeedee sends us to a blog post for a summary of the latest results in cracking AACS, from the Doom9 forums [CC] (as the earlier cracks have been) — after the DVD Security Group said it had patched the previous flaws. From the DLTV blog [CC]:

"This time the target was the Xbox 360 HD DVD add on. Geremia on Doom9 forums has started a thread on how he has obtained the Volume ID without AACS authentication. With the aid of others like Arnezami they have managed to patch the Xbox 360 HD DVD add on... It appears that XT5 has released [an] application that allows the Volume ID to be read without the need to rewrite the firmware. This would mean that anyone could simply plug in the HD DVD drive and obtain the Volume ID from any HD DVD without the hassle of flashing it."

I don't even know what AACS is.
    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Apolyton Aryan Civilization Site
      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow
        I don't even know what AACS is.
        It's kind of like seppuku, only it's carried out by entire industries rather than individuals.
        "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

How many threads exactly are you going to start today aneeshm?

At least make them more interesting than this please
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
          X