Things that make your day worthwhile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things that make your day worthwhile

There is a really annoying graduate student in this department. Let's call him "S". For a while, we thought he was the most aggravating son of a ***** in the world. Then a new graduate student entered the department. He quickly gained the nickname "JBMS" (for reasons I will not go into here). While S is still annoying, JBMS is on a whole other level. Nobody will speak more than 3 words at a time to him. People literally walk away from him when he talks to them. I have never seen anybody who pissed off so many people so badly so quickly.

Today JBMS asks me a question about something involving his research. I say I don't know (which I don't) and then turn away without telling him that S would know. JBMS asks another graduate student if she knows, and she is nicer than me, so she tells him to ask S. JBMS doesn't know who S is, so she describes him. JBMS's eyes light up with recognition, and he says "Oh, is that the really annoying guy whose office is right that way?".

About 6 or 7 other people have been following this conversation. The reaction on their faces is immediate. Everybody's hands fly to their faces to cover up the uncontrollable urge to burst out laughing. One guy doesn't make it, and literally has to squat to stop from falling over. Only JBMS seems confused. He doesn't know what's so funny.

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

not this thread
    Monkey!!!

Comment

Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
        Don't be so sad "JBMS".

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I think this is one of the "you had to have been there" moments. You could have called them X and Y btw (maybe I am dense though, and can't figure out JBMS).

When I can talk to an attractive chick that makes my day better, too bad it doesn't happen to often anymore.

Jon Miller
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

maybe I am dense though, and can't figure out JBMS

There's no way you would be able to figure it out without knowing him. If you did it would be apparent in the first 5 minutes why that's his name.
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I don't think this is a "you had to be there". I've already told this story to 2 or 3 other grad students and they think it's hilarious.

It might be a "you have to know these guys".

I honestly didn't know that people like this existed until a couple of years ago. You might not appreciate the full depth of their asshattery.
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

and yet despite being a social moron, I'm sure you would say that JBMS is very intelligent
                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

He's actually an idiot. He failed all of his preliminary exams, and on his third try was granted some sort of preliminary pass.

Plus he's an astro person, not a real physicist.

Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

He's smarter than an average person, but he's honestly quite dumb for what he's trying to do...
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I'm going to guess that the S in JBMS is directly related to stand-alone S, that the JBM is an acronym tacked onto S. Si or no?
                      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Yesterday at the gym, I was relaxing in the steam room. The gym I go to is actually part of the UofT, so there's lots of filosofical asshats there but they usually keep quiet.

When I entered the steam room, I noticed this one guy was doing a lot of talking to another guy who simply went "yeah" "uh-huh" and "mmhmm" a lot, then got up and left.

So it was just me, this other dude, and the talking guy there. He immediately started talking to us now about the Portugese community in Toronto (he was very white) and kept rambling about how Portugese was the 5th most popular language in Toronto, and not many people know that! Then he went on and on about Portugese colonies and all that ****.

About 3 minutes into it, the guy sitting next to me jumped up and yelled "SHUT THE **** UP, NO ONE CARES ABOUT THE ****ING PORTUGESE." and stormed out of the room.

The talkative guy was clearly shocked and I was laughing out loud. The talkative guy ran after the abrasive guy trying to apologize which only set him off again out in the hallway.

I think intense heat ratchets up aggression. Either way, that damn artsy ****er should've had his ass kicked.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

No. The MS simply stands for "mother ****ter". The J is his first name. The B is his alma mater (which he mentions constantly). You can probably guess what it is.

Now, B is a really good school. But that doesn't make JBMS any smarter than he is, which is pretty dumb.

S in the other one is simply the last name of the other grad student involved. He was not annoying enough to merit a nickname.
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                            About 3 minutes into it, the guy sitting next to me jumped up and yelled "SHUT THE **** UP, NO ONE CARES ABOUT THE ****ING PORTUGESE." and stormed out of the room.
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

It makes my day to see b etor try to catch paedophiles. Almost as fun as the Paedofinder General.
                              I never know their names, But i smile just the same
                              New faces...Strange places,
                              Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
                              -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

Working...
                              X