Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reasons you would want to open this thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reasons you would want to open this thread.

Yes, the title is copycat, but the content and purpose aren't. I'm curious why people open threads by posters they dislike or believe to be "disjointed" in the head, or threads with titles that are descriptive enough to indicate that you're not going to like what's inside. What is the fascination with looky-loo'ing (or rubber-necking if you prefer) trainwreck threads? Is it an innate desire for conflict? Or is it more like the curiosity that drives one through a city zoo?

For me, there aren't any posters that I simply cannot not tolerate. I'll still grit my teeth and open their threads. Even titles that make my eyebrows raise in a bad way don't make me shy away from a thread. I'm not sure what makes me do it, but what besides the Power of Christ compels you?

Discuss.
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

I don't bother to look at the poster if I think the thread title is a good one... Though I always open Pekka's threads, but then I'm a masochist.
    Monkey!!!

Comment

People open my threads 'cause they're hoping I'd post more hot guys.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Re: Reasons you would want to open this thread.

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
        I'm curious why people open threads by posters they dislike or believe to be "disjointed" in the head, or threads with titles that are descriptive enough to indicate that you're not going to like what's inside. What is the fascination with looky-loo'ing (or rubber-necking if you prefer) trainwreck threads?
        care to list an example?
        Order of the Fly
        Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Asher, I'm still working on finding my stashes of safe pictures for the hunk thread. I hadn't realized this'd be such a pain.

Comment

Whotf is AAHZ?

Comment

Asher, I'm still working on finding my stashes of safe pictures for the hunk thread. I hadn't realized this'd be such a pain.

I had a ton of great pics that can't be posted while the mods are around, too.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Can't recall any poster that I dislike (can't either decide wether it's early Altzheimer or that such simply isn't worth remembering ).

Mostly it's common curiosity that makes me open a suspicious thread, but there are also lots of unopened threads (us politic, potential canuck flamewar threads etc).
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Whotf is AAHZ?
                  you did it wrong...

its... WhoTF is AAHZ?!?

piece
                  Order of the Fly
                  Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

I had a ton of great pics that can't be posted while the mods are around, too.
                    I should work on becoming more acquainted with the concept of organization...

Comment

Picasa

Comment

I was think more along the lines of organizing files on physical media, as in DVDs, that isn't subject to Teh Intertubeses and computers going all wonky and sh*t.

Comment

Back on topic!

Comment

Reason: Curiousity.
                            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I have no reason to ever open this thread.
                              (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                              (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                              (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working...
                              X