Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Connery: Never with a clenched fist, always with an open hand.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connery: Never with a clenched fist, always with an open hand.

"I'll take The Rapist for $400."
    "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
    -Bokonon

old school slapping

Barbara is backing him up? They had been married 31 years. Impressive. Gotta keep the woman in line.

Comment

He's right
      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

The more important question, palm or back of hand?
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Palm. Back of the hand is a little too rough.
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Maybe it depends how provocative the lady is? Is it just one of those blaablaablaa thigns where she doesn't leave you alone, or is it worse, like breaking things or really bad mouthing you? I think Mr. Connery will adjust the force properly to end the situation but not be a brute.
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Domestic violence

Sean Connery & Mrs. Connery.
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Corporal punishment != domestic violence
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

There is nothing loving or at all acceptable about hitting a woman, a child or an animal. Violence is not how one solves problems.
                  Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

The more important question, palm or back of hand?
                    Palm. The point's to instill discipline, not leave a mark...
                    "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                    -Bokonon

Comment

slapping women is great. most of them like it when you're having sex.
                      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

There is nothing loving or at all acceptable about hitting a woman, a child or an animal.
                        Bigotry against sado-masochists
                        -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by Ramo

Palm. The point's to instill discipline, not leave a mark...
                          If that's the point then just take away their credit card privileges until they behave.
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
                            There is nothing loving or at all acceptable about hitting a woman, a child or an animal. Violence is not how one solves problems.
                            I've personally seen two couples (both neighbors at different times, unfortunately) where the women were big, loud, aggressive bruisers. In one case, the guy was a milquetoast wimp who was outweighed by the woman by about 100 lbs, in another, they were both on-again, off-again drunks, evenly matched, and it was 50-50 as to who started wailing who first, but she always played the victim and called the cops first.

I also have an old friend, a female cop with a lot of patrol experience (she was a police academy instructor), who told me that as many as half of the domestic violence calls they received (San Diego PD in the late 90's) were probably fake claims where the woman was either outright lying, minimizing her physical participation, or exaggerating to use the threat of DV prosecution for leverage against the guy in child custody, support or property settlements.

Real DV is ****ed up and unacceptable in any circumstance, but women are not always the victims, and they are sometimes the initiators.

Self-defense is another story, though.
                            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

If that's the point then just take away their credit card privileges until they behave.
                              You heard the man. That doesn't work if they do something really provocative like insist on the last word...
                              -Bokonon

Comment

Working...
                              X