Converting Files From One Program to Another

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting Files From One Program to Another

i have an excel file with 2 sheets that I want to convert over into STATA. anyone know how to do this?
    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Export as CSV? Does Stata read those?
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

lemme check
      "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

no i dont think so. i tried saving it as a text file (txt) beause stata can read ASCII files, but when i insheet it, all the numbers are taken as strings, not data...

Comment

so the data editor in stata has nothing but variables in other words .

Comment

also, lets say you have two sheets, one is quarterly data and the other monthly, how can you run math formulas between them when the monthly series have 3 data points to the quarterly's one.

Comment

Re: Converting Files From One Program to Another

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
              i have an excel file with 2 sheets that I want to convert over into STATA. anyone know how to do this?
              Reimplement STATA's functionality in VBA.

Comment

what?

Comment

Visual Basic for Applications.

Comment

whats that mean?

Comment

It's a programming language for writing macros and such in Office.

Comment

i doubt ill be able to figure that one out . .. any other ideas??

Comment

Working...
                        X