Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Etymology of words to describe people from the west asian subcontinent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Etymology of words to describe people from the west asian subcontinent.

(continued from the Babe thread )

... fine, I take your point, but rather than making demands of the rest of the world, my point is to advise people that 'P*ki' is a word that could get you into trouble if used in Britain, or on a British message board, and that rightly-or-wrongly, many British sub-continental Asians would be offended by it.

People have been jailed in Britain for using language deemed to be racially offensive, so I was only trying to be helpful.

Good, that's sorted then.

People have been jailed in Britain for using language deemed to be racially offensive, so I was only trying to be helpful.

Fascists...
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Paki is not west Asian?

Comment

What slurs do East Asianners have for whiteys?
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Typical slang for west Asian people would be ****s, camel fvckers, eye-rackies.

Comment

If they didn't want to be called Pakis, they shouldn't call their country Pakistan.
            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Plus, last I checked the West Asian subcontinent was called "Arabia". Pakistan is in South Asia.

The derogatory term for a South Asian is "Indian".

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

South Asia is Kazakhstan, Tajikstan, Tibet, etc.

i.e. the countries just above the continent of India.
                THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

India doesn't deserve to be a continent. They couldn't even get out of the group stage of the cricket world cup.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                    South Asia is Kazakhstan, Tajikstan, Tibet, etc.

i.e. the countries just above the continent of India.
                    Nope, that's (parts of) Central Asia.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                      India doesn't deserve to be a continent. They couldn't even get out of the group stage of the cricket world cup.
                      Last I heard, there were three teams from the Indian subcontinent, competing separately.

Unfortunately, none of the three made it.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                        Ironic Post of The Year Award to the Pakistani-USAian.

At least India didn't murder their coach, though.

Comment

Originally posted by aneeshm

Last I heard, there were three teams from the Indian subcontinent, competing separately.
                          Actually, there were four. One of them is among the favourites.

BTW, it's not a subcontinent, it's a continent.
                          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Doh!

I completely forgot about Sri Lanka.

It it hadn't been for them...............

Comment

Originally posted by aneeshm
                              Unfortunately, none of the three made it.
                              Bangladesh did.

The cheating Ceylonkians did, too. They go down as subcontinentals as far as cricket boundaries go.

Comment

Working...
                              X