I voted for war...to avoid war...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I voted for war...to avoid war...

That was Sen Joe Biden's (D) assertion tonight on Olbermann. He said by unifying the US behind the Prez we could present the UN with a cohesive front to obtain the UNs permission to get the inspectors back into Iraq and avoid war...

resign a-hole

as much as I despise Hillary, this guy makes her look downright principled.

Oh Biden
    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

John Stewart is gonna have fun with this one tomorrow if he doesn't fit it in tonight; Olbermann too.
      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

oops

Comment

Isn't he also the admitted plagiarist?
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I can't wait to see him president of the USA
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

He has as much chance of winning the presidency as Bush has for winning the Nobel Peace prize.
              The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Yes

Which is why the next 4 years are gonna be great!
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                  Isn't he also the admitted plagiarist?
                  Not so much "admitted" as "caught"

IIRC, it was a law review article he [cough] wrote [cough] while in law school.

this guy makes her look downright principled.
                  So, if a Dem opposes the President, he's evil.
                  If the Dem unites behind the President, he's evil.

That sounds fair...and balanced.

Comment

You have to feel sorry for Biden. He seems to be unable to open his mouth without saying something inane or stupid (you'll recall the clean and articulate incident).
                    "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

Comment

He still thinks a single hypnotic flash of his teeth can either convince everyone that his latest inanity makes sense or erase it from their memories.
                      Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Given the fact that Bush asked legislators to vote for war so he could "avoid" war, I hardly think anyone can complain that they did.

The Bush administration did everything in its power to get the war authorization passed. That included lying, bargaining, threatening and accusing the legislators of hurting our "diplomacy" if they didn't give Bush the authorization for war.

Given that reality, how can you complain when some of the legislators were actually credulous enough to believe that the President wasn't an absolute lying bastard?
                        VANGUARD

Comment

So, if a Dem opposes the President, he's evil.
                          If the Dem unites behind the President, he's evil.

That sounds fair...and balanced.
                          He supported the Prez when it mattered, so did she. But now he's claiming he didn't want the US to go to war after voting for the war. You think thats just fine and dandy? I think he sees the growing quagmire and our reaction and he's trying to lay all the blame at Bush's feet. And I think its even slimier than Hillary...

Btw, I had some respect for Biden before this, more than Hillary

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral
                            You have to feel sorry for Biden.
                            No. Really, no.

He's a politician. He chose to play this game. He's just not very good at it.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard
                              Given the fact that Bush asked legislators to vote for war so he could "avoid" war, I hardly think anyone can complain that they did.

The Bush administration did everything in its power to get the war authorization passed. That included lying, bargaining, threatening and accusing the legislators of hurting our "diplomacy" if they didn't give Bush the authorization for war.

Given that reality, how can you complain when some of the legislators were actually credulous enough to believe that the President wasn't an absolute lying bastard?
                              23 Senators -- 21 Dems, one Republican, one Independent -- refused to believe the President and/or refused to believe that the best way to prevent war was to authorize it. So, yes, at the very least I can complain that the 29 Dems who voted in favor were either either dumber or more craven than their colleagues.
                              "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                              X