Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

April showers bring June tomatoes! (Narz's Garden Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April showers bring June tomatoes! (Narz's Garden Thread)

Anyone else growing a garden? I have one going which is exciting because I've never grown food before (besides spouts n' wheatgrass).

Photos coming soon (today or tomorrow).

Anyone else got a garden going?
    Shop Amazon thru my Searchbox, thanks! Narz's Chess Page

Please, start a thread on gay marriage.
    In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Nope, not me.

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris
        Please, start a thread on gay marriage.
        No. I have no interest in gay marriage (or any marriage for that matter).
        Shop Amazon thru my Searchbox, thanks! Narz's Chess Page

Comment

This is Narz's third thread of the day, so this thread needs to be deleted and Narz needs to be banned.
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Let him read the rules first!

Comment

He'll have plenty of time to read the rulebook in Mingapulco...
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

And now, a on-topic post! (damn spammers! )

My grandparents who live out in the boonies always kept a small veg garden, usually squash, zucchini, tomato and watermelon, those being a few of the things that could stand the summer heat out here in Texas. Thrive on it actually, my grandma had to make a recipe for a 'zucchini and squash bread' (think 1970's oil-haden "health food" for what she made) just to use it up

My 'garden' today consists of 3 potted herb plants in the windowsill here near the compy. I've got Italian Oregano, regular ol' Basil and Spearmint. The basil's still fairly small, but it's early for it yet; the mint's coming along nicely, and the Oregano is doing good, as well I'm sure I won't have enough basil for pesto for a while, but I'll be able to throw leaves of it and the oregano in fresh sauces (since I tend to cook mainly for myself). I have no idea what I'm going to do with the Mint, but it sure smells nice!

And 3 already growing plants for $12 is a steal, considering what they charge for fresh herbs these days! I really can't set them outside, especially later on in the year, the Texas sun can bake even sun-loving basil dry. I should know - I tried to do this with a different selection of herbs a couple of years back and got dead plants
                But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
                PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

Comment

How can we have staff members that I've never heard of?

edit: Ahhh, Polycast. That explains it...
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Comment

Maka, posting on the off topic? What in the world?

I live in an apartment so no gardens for me, unfortunately.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                      X