The april fool hoax thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's also the Babe Thread by Ming.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

For those who didn't follow LordShiva's link:

Google announces free in-home wireless broadband service

"Dark porcelain" project offers self-installed plumbing-based Internet access

MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., April 1, 2007 - Google Inc. (NASDAQ: GOOG) today announced the launch of Google TiSP (BETA)â„¢, a free in-home wireless broadband service that delivers online connectivity via users' plumbing systems. The Toilet Internet Service Provider (TiSP) project is a self-installed, ad-supported online service that will be offered entirely free to any consumer with a WiFi-capable PC and a toilet connected to a local municipal sewage system.

"We've got that whole organizing-the-world's-information thing more or less under control," said Google Co-founder and President Larry Page, a longtime supporter of so-called "dark porcelain" research and development. "What's interesting, though, is how many different modalities there are for actually getting that information to you - not to mention from you."

For years, data carriers have confronted the "last hundred yards" problem for delivering data from local networks into individual homes. Now Google has successfully devised a "last hundred smelly yards" solution that takes advantage of preexisting plumbing and sewage systems and their related hydraulic data-transmission capabilities. "There's actually a thriving little underground community that's been studying this exact solution for a long time," says Page. "And today our Toilet ISP team is pleased to be leading the way through the sewers, up out of your toilet and - splat - right onto your PC."

Users who sign up online for the TiSP system will receive a full home self-installation kit, which includes a spindle of fiber-optic cable, a TiSP wireless router, installation CD and setup guide. Home installation is a simple matter of GFlushingâ„¢ the fiber-optic cable down to the nearest TiSP Access Node, then plugging the other end into the network port of your Google-provided TiSP wireless router. Within sixty minutes, the Access Node's crack team of Plumbing Hardware Dispatchers (PHDs) should have your internet connection up and running.

"I couldn't be more excited about, and am only slightly grossed out by, this remarkable new product," said Marissa Mayer, Google's Vice President of Search Products and User Experience. "I firmly believe TiSP will be a breakthrough product, particularly for those users who, like Larry himself, do much of their best thinking in the bathroom."

Interested consumers, contractually obligated partners and deeply skeptical and quietly competitive backbiters can learn more about TiSP at http://www.google.com/tisp/install.html.

About Google Inc.
      Google's innovative search technologies connect millions of people around the world with information every day. Founded in 1998 by Stanford Ph.D. wannabes Larry Page and Sergey Brin, Google today is a top web property in all major global markets.

Comment

woot!
        "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

Bush attacks Iran over captives
          "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus Rex
            In all seriousness b etor

dont hit back, but stand your ground, look him in the face

smile then walk away laughing

sad to say it only works 50%

but enjoyed by those who do it 100%
            That's what I've always done.
            minus the smiling and walking and laughing. I end up crying after I start bleeding.

Comment

Originally posted by Edan
              Bush attacks Iran over captives

TiSP was actually pretty funny

Comment

Underwater fence to be built between U.S., Canada
                Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

I got hit today even BEFORE I was going to tell my dad the april fool's day joke.
                  So I will not.
                  I hate when he's in a bad mood.

Comment

Wow. He's such a big man.
                    ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Over at Stardestroyer.net.....
                      Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by joncha
                        Wow. He's such a big man.
                        [after, I'm in my room cleaning]
                        *through the door*
                        "[b etor], I'm sorry for yelling at you earlier"
                        "Stop, I don't care anymore"
                        "I've just had a headache all day, then I was watching all the videos you recorded of the kids playing their games"
                        "Yea, and every time you watch old vids you always get mad at me. You always do this. You get super angry, then you always freak out and yell at me even if I have nothing to do with whatever the hell you're upset about, and sometimes you hit me. Then afterwards you apologize and hug me and say it won't happen again, but it always does, so just stop."
                        "I don't get mad at you, I get mad at myself for working so much and not being there. When did I hit you?"
                        "You haven't for a few months, suprisingly."
                        *silence*
                        "Well, we're going now if you'd like to come with us"
                        "Going where?"
                        "To church for confession"
                        "I'm busy cleaning my room since you want it done so bad. Then I'll be busy making the website you're having me make for LECOM's program. So no thanks, I'll pass."
                        "Ok. I love you"
                        "Bye."

So he and my mom are going to confession now, Easter is next sunday after all.

I demand to read something funny.

Comment

One of my coworkers planned to break up with his girlfriend for april fools. I'm interested on how well that went for him.
                          Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

, good idea. not. let us know how that turned out.

Comment

There's one that has major backfire possibilities.
                              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Sprayber
                                One of my coworkers planned to break up with his girlfriend for april fools. I'm interested on how well that went for him.
                                DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Working...
                                X