Problem with light sentences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with light sentences

Like we know, in here, you have light sentences. Many times no jail time for rape, even stabbers get paroled before going into a real prison.

Ok so now they used the 'other far side' of the scale, but it still seems like a joke, sentenced for:

2 murder attempts(!!)
    3 attempted killings
    The dude was raging with a shotgun, he even started shooting the cops when they came to get him. He only gave up when the cops opened fire on him. Tried to shoot his neighbours as well, chased one with a car while shooting.

Sentence:
    11 years. Out in half. So.. we'll see this guy in .. 2012.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

THis isn't our problem though, we'll just kick this guy to Sweden when he gets out, that's where we 'flush the toilet'
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Oh jeez.

Comment

While I don't like the 1236.5 years sentences of the US(I mean, jeez ), this seems like a case where your country should reform your juridical system in that direction. Something like a life sentence(ie double of the RL sentence) and the possibility of safe-keeping afterwards, would have suited this guy well.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

1,236.5 year sentences.

Got to demonstrate that the criminals are not in charge.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

I'm sure the criminal have learnt his lesson when he get's out at an age of 1253.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

DanS, yeah, adn that's from the hard sentencing side of the scale too. It's a problem where it doesn't matter anymore what you do after like one murder. You can do 10 more. And if you try to escape from prison, well, the extra punishment is calculated in months. You'd figure one would get more if they go all out shotgun spree on everyone, including neighbours and cops.
              In da butt.

Comment

One murder does not necessarily net you life without parole sir However, I certainly think murderers should spend most or all of their lives in jail given they took away someone else's life.
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

We don't have such thing as life without parole.

Our record sentence is with this guy who currently serves, closer to.. I think 20 years soon, but for triple murder(?) in Sweden. With several escape attempts, few succesful. He has shown absolutely 0 sympathy for the victims and does not regret. A true basket case. He will be paroled soon.
                  In da butt.

Comment

Recently, a 17-year old DC resident was sentenced to 41 years for the following...

6 counts of armed robbery
                    4 counts of committing a violent offence with a firearm
                    1 count of rape
                    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                      We don't have such thing as life without parole.

Our record sentence is with this guy who currently serves, closer to.. I think 20 years soon, but for triple murder(?) in Sweden. With several escape attempts, few succesful. He has shown absolutely 0 sympathy for the victims and does not regret. A true basket case. He will be paroled soon.
                      And the girls write him love letters all the time. At least they did back then.

But didn't he escape recently, when he realised he would not get parole? But they caught him within just a few days.
                      So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                      Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

[q=Pekka]Sentence:
                        11 years. Out in half. So.. we'll see this guy in .. 2012.[/q]

Just send him to Texas were Sloww will show him to his seat, a nice electric chair.
                        USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                        The video may avatar is from

Comment

Working...
                        X