I just got my downstream and upstream speeds doubled at the same price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just got my downstream and upstream speeds doubled at the same price

And what's more....I noticed it by coincidence.

I was downloading the free trial for EVE online (not that I suspect I will be playing it much, but curiosity finally got the better of me).

Anyway - after a few secs of downloading, I went....WHOA!!! More than a megabyte per second as opposed to the roughly 500KB per second I am used to.

Then I went to my ISP's website and sure enough, all customers with a 4 megabit line have gotten speeds doubled at the same price.

So now I have 8 megabit downstream and 512 kilobit upstream. Pretty neat I think. The price?? $84 a month.

Asmodean
    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Redunkulous expensively yo.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Summary?

www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
        Redunkulous expensively yo.
        So what would a comparative line cost where you live?

Asmodean
        Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Originally posted by Doddler
          Summary?

Asmo is getting raped by his service provider and he likes it.
          The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Less, and American Per Capita income is Higher
            Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
              QFT.

Comment

My internet connection is significantly more expensive, though it does come with a nice piece of paper.

Comment

Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
                  Less, and American Per Capita income is Higher
                  Depends if you measure GDP per capita or PPP per capita. For PPP (purchasing power parity) per capita, the US is ranked 3rd in the world and Denmark 6th. For GDP per capita, Denmark is still ranked 6th in the world, whilst the US is ranked 8th.

On a per capita basis, a crude summary would be that the US and Denmark have similar economies

Asmodean

Edit: The numbers are from IMF 2004 statistics.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs

Well I like it a hell of a lot better now than I did this morning with only half the speed.

Asmodean

Comment

I have a 10MB down and 1MB up for 40USD/month.

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodean
                        So what would a comparative line cost where you live?

Asmodean
                        About $50/month. I get 6Mb down and about 512kb up for $40/month (extra $10 for additional 2 MB down... isn't all that worth it to me).
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I feel ripped off now

Asmodean

Comment

I'm sorry
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

About $50/month. I get 6Mb down and about 512kb up for $40/month (extra $10 for additional 2 MB down... isn't all that worth it to me).
                              is that $50/month just for your internet access or do you have things like cable TV and or telephone bundled in with it besides?

Comment

Working...
                              X