$tudent$ for Romney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Admiral
    One of the sad things about working in Democratic politics is that the Democratic college level internships are all unpaid positions, whereas Republican internships are paid. And let's face it, not many people are willing to sacrifice making money over the summer at the altar to elect some Democrat.
    That's because Democratic volunteers believe in their cause.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral

One of the sad things about working in Democratic politics is that the Democratic college level internships are all unpaid positions, whereas Republican internships are paid.
      Working for the dark side has always paid better.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
        That's because Democratic volunteers believe in their cause.
        Well, Republicans who believe in their cause couldn't be working for free, now could they?

Comment

So long as a normal diet does not consist entirely of poisonous dog food from China, some sustenance is required in the form of cold hard cash.

That the Dems give only unpaid internships is an indication of the support in the society that they garner (i.e., not much).

Trust fund babies (you know who you are) are the only ones who can afford to work for the Dems.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

People

had to pay real money for that poisonous dog food from China. Us Chinese don't give away anything!
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

I assume it would be pretty cheap now. Well within the range of panhandlers and other Dem volunteers.
              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
                He's trying to sway their vote (and in turn the votes of their friends) with money, not with his political beliefs.
                The irony of the populist sentiments (gotta get me some of that guvmint monies) as the base of Democratic vote obviously eludes you.
                "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                  What do you call advertising, DaShi?
                  I was thinking more along the lines of commission based sales.

Proper incentives and accountability
                  "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Working...
                  X