Medical issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical issue?

Not really sure if this sounds serious or not. It definitely has been happening for less than 1.5 years.

The first time I had it I think didn't think much... thought it was just something.

Second time I felt around the area, and noticed a bump on the my jaw line. I thought that might be the problem, and while I didn't have the issue I asked my doctor about it. He felt about and showed me that it was just the normal bump on the underside of the jawbone that tendons and stuff are connected to. (this was last Dec, I had the problem in Nov)

It started again last week, and hasn't gone away yet. This is actually pretty normal. I think it is worse than the previous times, but it could be in my head. Everything could be in my head, actually.

So down to symptons:
    a sort of ache in my left under ear area
    my left ear feels sort of similiar to when you ear clogs up in the plane? but not as bad.. just really lightly that way
    when I shut my mouth, my back teeth on my left side no longer touch

The teeth issue is the one I just discovered, although I bet it was before. The other symptons are the same. I know that my teeth normally connect, it is actually a bit more difficult to chew right now.. can't chew properly on that side. This morning the teeth were touching again, and I thought it was going away. But this afternoon it was in full force again. I think it does depend on the time of day, and based on previous experience it stays for a couple of weeks?

Anyways, my doctor is 200 miles away. I plan on seeing him in a month or so, but if it is serious I could go to someone here, or drive up there (really busy right now though, I don't wan tto take the day to do so). I could also call him? (don't know if this is appropriate)

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Sounds like leprosy to me.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Yeah, I know I am going to die befor eI am 30.

Jon Miller
      (yes, I know I am a hyprocondriac, that is why I didn't go to the doctor straight away. I have come to him with concerns a couple times (the bump for one) that weren't concerns)
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I don't want to threadjack, but if we have the doctor's attention in this thread, I'd like to ask about me knees.

My knees hurt when working out. I injured them about 4 years ago when I over did it when hiking. I know it's an overuse injury. Right now I'm doing 18 to 20 minutes on the stairstepper. So far, I've only been doing it once a week. I can't go anymore because my knees hurt too much. I also do 3 sets on the leg press, leg curl, and standing calf press.

Should I have this looked at? I really don't want surgey. I won't need arthroscopic surgery will I?

I also have this weird bulge on my right hip. But it's on the front part of the hip, just to the right of the crotch. I'm afraid I might have got that by working out with too much weight. The other day while at work we saw this guy with a huge bulge on his right upper back/shoulder area. My coworker said you can get that if you work out with too much weight and injure yourself. So now I'm all paranoid about that. And I see this bulge, I'm not sure what it is. Maybe it's always been there, and I never noticed it. It's not symetrical with my left side, so it concerns me. And I don't know anything about men's bodies, I don't know if this is normal in any way. I think it's where a lot of the muscles on the uper thigh attach, so I'm concerned.

I may have inured myself on the calf press. I put a lot of weight on when doing that. Over 200 pounds.

Comment

dis,

your "weird bulge" on your hip sounds like a hernia. i had one myself... simple operation should fix...
          Order of the Fly
          Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

I think Dr. Strangelove has mentioned this several times. He and other doctors can't give medical advice on the forum. They can get in a lot of trouble for it. However, the rest of us are free to give you our crackpot theories.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

and that weird bulge on your shoulders is what passes as a head.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                Should I have this looked at?
                Um, duh. Yes you should. If you've damaged your knees, you need to get them fixed now while you're still young because you ain't getting any younger and your body won't heal itself as well as it use to, especially if you keep aggravating an existing joint injury.

I really don't want surgey.
                If the injury is serious enough and calls for it, suck it up and do it. Don't f*ck around with potential joint injuries, get them looked at and fixed. Other sports injuries should also be dealt with immediately as well, but the knee one concerns me more. I've been rough on mine for the past 8 years and I'll be paying the price for years to come. Don't be dumb like me, get yours fixed.
                The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                  and that weird bulge on your shoulders is what passes as a head.
                  hardy har har

Comment

Originally posted by AAHZ
                    dis,

your "weird bulge" on your hip sounds like a hernia. i had one myself... simple operation should fix...
                    not so simple when you don't have insurance. I don't want an operation.

I didn't think you could get a hernia in that place, as I didn't think there were any organs in that area to protrude through. I have my hip bone, and where the muscles attach. I wasn't aware there was anything else down there.

Comment

Don't you have insurance from your job?
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Could be a new, secondary penis forming. It'd be an interesting ice-breaker...
                        The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                          Could be a new, secondary penis forming. It'd be an interesting ice-breaker...
                          as hideous as that sounds, you'd be sure to get women from the curiousity factor. Even Chang and Eng had wives.

Comment

dis,

if im correct, a hernia is a simple muscle tear where an organ will protrude through the new opening. your intestines could easily slide through a tear in your front hip area, as it was in my case. it is called an inguinal hernia.
                            Order of the Fly
                            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Go to a county hospital. It will take forever, but they'll treat you.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                              X