The damage done.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arrian
    Shouldn't we lose some respect for these "respected" GOP foreign policy types?

I sure have.

-Arrian
    An inevitable part of being a respected foreign policy type, or any other policy type, is the ability to discern one's master's voice.
    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Now you're just demonizing. A competent Republican wouldn't have screwed up this way--certainly George H.W. Bush wouldn't have taken his attention away from Afghanistan to invade Iraq. Dubya's problem isn't that he's a Republican, it's that he's an incompetent promoted to a position he can't handle. That's aggravated by the fact that he can't handle criticism and is too insecure to admit fault, so he just plows on ahead. The other Republicans supported him, for which I blame good old political opportunism.
      Republicans didn't ride Bush's coat-tails, they MANUFACTURED him out of whole cloth, he's as hollow as a scarecrow and the Republican establishment stuffed the straw in his head thinking they could use his folksy Texan accent, frat-boy demeanor, religious zeal and family name as a ticket to the White House. It worked tragically well as they created a barely controlled Monster, September 11th then broke the chains letting it loose on the world. The Republican party deserves every last ounce of scorn that could possibly be laid upon it for the horror of the last 7 years.
      Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
        It's not something you can campaign on. "I don't have any idea what to do about other countries once I'm in office."
        Well since we fell for this **** once in Veitnam and again in Iraq I think there's more chance for Americans to get their head out of their ass. There's the budget deficit also. We can't afford this foreign policy anymore.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]

Republicans didn't ride Bush's coat-tails, they MANUFACTURED him out of whole cloth, he's as hollow as a scarecrow and the Republican establishment stuffed the straw in his head thinking they could use his folksy Texan accent, frat-boy demeanor, religious zeal and family name as a ticket to the White House. It worked tragically well as they created a barely controlled Monster, September 11th then broke the chains letting it loose on the world. The Republican party deserves every last ounce of scorn that could possibly be laid upon it for the horror of the last 7 years.
          QFT
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

IMO the most important lesson of Katrina was that Repubs are so corrupt that they're perfectly willing to soil their own home. It's rare even in 3rd world dictatorships to see the governing faction destroy a major city through negligence.
            "On this ship you'll refer to me as idiot, not you captain!"
            - Lone Star

Comment

Comment

with that title, I was thinking joke related

and more ranting
                anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

It's just a great article by The Economist. It really is a good magazine.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

yep. ive been subscribed since 2003.
                    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Working...
                    X