Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So when is the earliest an ultrasound an be done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know why it matters now what she was doing or trying to do but on ultrasounds

At 12 weeks they frequently do screening tests. At that stage you would absolutely be able to spot twins but the gender of a given baby might be evry iffy

At 18 weeks you get incredibly detailed pictures. Things like hands and fingers are discernible.

Earlier ?? I have known people to get "sizing" ultrasounds at around the 6 or 8 week mark when the docs observances don't match with the fetal age. I suspect that even those would have a pretty good chance of detecting twins.

A lot would depend on the age of the equipment. The pictures we got of our daughter from the ultrasound were incredibly improved over the pics from 3 years ago

EDIT-- just talked to a co-worker that is having twins and twins can be detected by ultrasound in the 4-6 week range
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

flippy dyed hair and whatnot.

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber
        EDIT-- just talked to a co-worker that is having twins and twins can be detected by ultrasound in the 4-6 week range
        Thank you very much.
        "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
        "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
        "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Working...
        X