Tour de France a la rosbif

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tour de France a la rosbif

This year it starts in London and goes through Kent. This is good, means I can pop along and see it.

But the route chosen:

Flythrough

Erith!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    Dartford ?!?!?!?!
    GRAVESEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Medway estuary???????????????

It's not until you get to Maidstone that things start picking up. Though I doubt any of the cyclists will make it that far without being beaten up and having their bikes stolen. Would have been better going through Bromley, Chislehurst, Swanley, West Kingdown (Brands Hatch), Maidstone and then back around to Tonbridge. Instead they choose to go where pikeys live rather than areas with nice scenery.

Will probably pick up the action at Tonbridge or Royal Tunbridge Wells. Then go to the local pub for a few beers. Should be a good weekend. Plus it's my birthday that weekend, so should be fun.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Re: Tour de France a la rosbif

Originally posted by Dauphin
    This year it starts in London and goes through Kent.
    The thread title says this about la Tour de France, but since when something with the word "France" it start in London?
    USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
    The video may avatar is from

Comment

Sounds like a British spoof on the Tour de France. Notice the "a la rosbif" part?
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Re: Re: Tour de France a la rosbif

Originally posted by Will9
        The thread title says this about la Tour de France, but since when something with the word "France" it start in London?
        Haven't you followed the news? The Rosbifs are now part of our empire
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Tour de France a la rosbif

Originally posted by Spiffor

Haven't you followed the news? The Rosbifs are now part of our empire
          We pwn all your houses though.
          www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by Will9

Its not at all unusual to visit one of their neighbors for a couple of stages. The route changes every year. I don't recall them in England before though
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Last time was around 1995 IIRC. Certainly when I was still at school, but old enough to be paying attention
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

A Tour de No-France?? Do I detect the fingerprints of one Bill O'Reilly?

Comment

Re: Tour de France a la rosbif

Originally posted by Dauphin
                  Erith!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
                  Dartford ?!?!?!?!
                  GRAVESEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Medway estuary???????????????
                  Wow, arguably the four grottiest places in Kent, and they go through them all
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison

Wow, arguably the four grottiest places in Kent, and they go through them all
                    Up late tonight! Is it lates for you?

They should have started the tour in Aberystwyth...

Route information

Map: Landranger 135 or Pathfinder 926 and 947 Distance 15.2 miles

Description Devils bridge and waterfall are well worth a visit and Aberystwyth Arts Centre has a great cafe overlooking Cardigan Bay for the start of your cycle.
                    Start The cycle starts from Aberystwyth Town and bikes can be hired at New Image Bicycles in Cardigan
                    Finish Devils Bridge is on Sustrans National Cycle Network Route 8 - Lôn Las Cymru
                    Location Map Click here for a printable location map
                    Images Aberystwyth Arts Centre and Town
                    Distances on the left are approximate in miles.
                    0.0. Aberystwyth Town Leave Plas Crug Avenue Gate, proceed down cycle path, Turn right at small roundabout [i.e. going between Plas Grug School and Aberystwyth Rugby Club] Cross the railway lines taking care to look both ways, cross Boulevard St Brieuc at Pelican Crossing. Proceed along cycle path to A4120. Just before main road turn right to take cycle path under Pen y Bont Bridge. Proceed alongside Afon Rheidol. Cross new cycle / pedestrian bridge over river. Follow cycle path around cricket ground.
                    1.6 Cricket Club Gate. Go along the lane past water works and along service road to main part of Glanyrafon industrial estate.
                    2.4 Give way [T-junction] Turn left, towards main road
                    2.6 Turn right along riverside path. Dont cross the river.
                    2.9 Cross over narrow guage Vale of Rheidol railway line at non-vehicle level crossing, rejoin road, face left, then take the left fork [start of back road to Capel Bangor]
                    5.3 Cross railway at Rhiwarthen Uchaf level crossing, go over river bridge and proceed to Capel Bangor Village.
                    5.8 Give Way [T-junction at top of steep climb] Turn right onto main road A44 for a short distance.
                    6.0 Turn right onto minor road, [Tynllidiart Arms PH on left]
                    6.1 Turn right onto Cwm Rheidol road
                    8.9 Cwm Rheidol village sign
                    9.1 Turn right signposted Aberffrwd at Felin Newydd Cottage. [Detour here possible to Cwm Rheidol Hydro-Electric Power Station and vistor centre whith refreshments]
                    9.7 Turn left signposted Aberffrwd, up steep hill
                    9.9 Cross over railway again
                    11.2 Give way [T-junction at main road A4120] Turn left signposted Devil's Bridge
                    11.9 Turn right, signposted Trisant
                    12.7 Turn left at 'Plynlimon View' cottage
                    13.4 Give way [T-junction] Turn left, with graveyard on left.
                    14.3 Pass village sign 'Pontarfynach / Devil's Bridge' Carry on.
                    14.5 Give way [T-junction] Turn left onto B4343, signposted Devil's Bridge
                    14.8 Give way [T-junction] Turn right onto A412- signposted Ponterwyd
                    15.2 In Devil's Bridge. Arrive at junction with B4574 to Cwmystwyth. [Sustrans route 8]
                    www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

And , you missed Woolwich! Not only would they get their bikes stolen, they'd get stabbed as well
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Nope, just feeling rather restless...I have got back up again...
                        Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                          Nope, just feeling rather restless...I have got back up again...
                          Good choice. You might as well stay up now, it's work in a few hours.
                          www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

I still have time to get a good 5 hours yet before I have to get up and I am starting to feel sleepier...
                            Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Sports forum.
                              DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Working...
                              X