No announcement yet.

Which pwns the other?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot Dogs are the products of the parts of cows, pigs, and chickens that people don't want to eat, along with whatever else falls into the grinder for good measure.

Clearly the hamburger wins. A REAL sausage, like bratwurst, would give it some stiff competition though.
    I changed my signature

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Avalon

Monk

CMOT Dibbler

Not to my taste, but a "Chicago-style hot dog – as served in the U.S. city of Chicago, Illinois and its surrounding suburbs – is a steamed or boiled all-beef, natural-casing hot dog on a poppy seed bun. It is topped with mustard, onion, sweet pickle relish, a dill pickle spear, tomato slices or wedges, sport peppers, and a dash of celery salt; but not ketchup."

Coney dog (chili, onions & mustard onna hot dog)
      chicago style is the best.
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by AAHZ

I HOPE your little QFT wasnt directed in an inflamatory way toward ME in any way...
        USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
        The video may avatar is from

Comment

Burgers and it's not even close. I'd take a BLT over a hot dog.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

But what do Teh Gheys prefer?
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I can't believe that Will9 sides with me once again

Originally posted by dudemanjack
              I'm curious...does anybody actually have a side of carrots and other assorted vegetables when eating a hot dog?
              Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
              Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Burgers.

Comment

Chicago hot dogs > hamburgers > hot dogs
                  "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Tough decision, but hamburgers pwn the hot dogs.

Comment

what is a chicago hot dog?

Comment

A Chicago-style hot dog– as served in the U.S. city of Chicago, Illinois and its surrounding suburbs– is a steamed or boiled all-beef, natural-casing hot dog on a poppy seed bun. It is topped with mustard, onion, sweet pickle relish, a dill pickle spear, tomato slices or wedges, sport peppers, and a dash of celery salt; but not ketchup.

History and more detailed information

The style, once known as a "Depression sandwich," is generally acknowledged as having originated at Fluky's, a well-known Maxwell Street stand, in 1929.

Chicago-style hot dogs are boiled or steamed to a temperature above 170 degrees Fahrenheit (~77 degrees Celsius) before adding the toppings. They can also be grilled, though these are referred to as "chardogs" in Chicagoland. The natural casing of the hot dogs give them their distinctive "snap." The most common dog weighs 1/8 lb. and is made with Vienna Beef.

Chicago-style hot dogs with all the toppings are sometimes called "dragged through the garden" because of the unique combination of condiments. Chicagoans traditionally shun ketchup because of the belief that ketchup, unlike other condiments, overwhelms the flavor of the dog itself.

Some Chicago restaurants choose to associate their publicity solely with the hot dog, even though they serve many other items, including the Maxwell Street Polish, gyros, Italian beef, pork chop sandwiches. The Chicago-style hot dog is ubiquitous so publicity gimmicks are often needed to attract customers to a restaurant. One of these gimmicks is Superdawg's two giant hot dogs (Maurie and Flaurie) on the roof of their building.

There's your technical answer, but it doesn't begin to describe the uniquely insane goodness of the dogs. Superdawg's is great, and close to where I grew up, but every true Chicagoan has his own favorite dog stand. Mine is the truly awesome Poochie's in Skokie, IL.
                        "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

sounds good. I'd like to try one. I like ketchup, but it sounds good without it.

Comment

I hate ketchup...

You put one drop and thats all it tastes like...

Spec.
                            -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Ketchup on a hot dog?

I like my hotdogs with mustard and onions. I also like chili cheese dogs or coney dogs. I'm not fond of the "everything in it" Chicago dogs (no need for sweet relish on a dog)
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                              X