No announcement yet.

America Wants All Your Fingers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't see how ten fingerprints are going to increase security any more than two. The most annoying thing is the increased time at immigration though.

US authorities claim the current scan of two fingers takes around 15 seconds and that the new process will not take significantly longer than that.
    Not significantly longer? Yeah, right. It already takes too long to get through immigration, and this will just make matters worse. Silly America.
    mssv.net - After Our Time - Six to Start

Comment

US security is insane

Comment

You would know.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

A family of 8 is going through security at the Chicago/Ohare airport. The 7 year old girl is obviously a threat. Dumping her box of 96 crayons and unpeeling the green one is a really good idea, because she's probably smuggling a bomb.
          especially when she looks like this...

Comment

Looks like a trouble maker to me

Jon Miller
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Well naturally. She IS the youngest. She's more of a 'spoiled tantrum haver' than 'trouble maker' though.

Comment

the "my kitty" shirt is obviously a secret message. it refers to mohammed.
                Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Unfortunately, here THE STATE takes your fingerprints (two? I can't recall) when you have your mandatory personal ID issued. F UCK them

Comment

They don't have my fingerprints yet

Comment

FBI agents really are priviledged
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by b etor
                        A family of 8 is going through security at the Chicago/Ohare airport. The 7 year old girl is obviously a threat. Dumping her box of 96 crayons and unpeeling the green one is a really good idea, because she's probably smuggling a bomb.
                        especially when she looks like this...

YOU FOOL! THE BOMB IS IN THE BURNT SIENNA!!!
                        APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

It seems that everybody has forgotten that the Shoah was made much easier by the existence of files of personal data. And this was in a time when those files were created, maintained and used manually; now in the numerical era the power to build files is immense at a cost which is minimal. Beyond this tragic argument there are eternal reasons not to build such files without limits. Therefore the current trend to increase the purpose, size and content of files of personal data should be observed with mistrust and caution.

As in a democracy a citizen must be prepared to accept that many information are public by nature (name, address, job, education, family status, children, …), and some are necessary for the state to make the society functioning (income, driver licence, military status, …) most of those which are not in those two categories fall in the privacy domain which includes: relationships, travels, purchases, habits, tastes, etc. The difficulty of the subject lies were you put the line between the first two and the third.

The current trend is practically not to put a line, and consider all personal data as fair game for the state. Two issues are to be considered: the privacy and the freedom since without privacy the freedom is largely broken.

For those who are interested in the globalization, it is clear that if the goods are enjoying (almost) free trade, due to one terrorist attack people are enjoying free travel under the unacceptable condition to loose their privacy.
                          Statistical anomaly.
                          The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Hon
                            I can't see how ten fingerprints are going to increase security any more than two.

Cause its not easy to read fingerprints, and mismatches are not uncommon. More fingers, means a lower probability of a mismatch, and a higher probability of a correct match.
                            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by b etor
                              They don't have my fingerprints yet

If you were born at a hospital in the states, they probably have a footprint though.
                              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark

If you were born at a hospital in the states, they probably have a footprint though.
                                Well I really wont be committing any crimes bare-foot, so that's ok.

Comment

Working...
                                X