Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
      Wernazuma is an idiot.
      And so are you.
      "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Originally posted by dannubis
        And so are you.
        And I hoped a reply by someone else on this would turn out more favorable for me.
        "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
        "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

What can I say, discussing in one-liners is easy.

Comment

one-line weenyism

Comment

I know

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                BTW, not every product makes its creator rich. How much has Linus Torvalds made off of Linux?
                Not a serious example, as not many people can afford to go to work for free.

The question is: Do third world farmers want high-yield farming or not? If they do, then whichever progressive technologies deliver this are fullfilling a need as much as any other goods and services.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
                  The question is: Do third world farmers want high-yield farming or not? If they do, then whichever progressive technologies deliver this are fullfilling a need as much as any other goods and services.
                  Are you really that stupid?

3rd world farmers have tractors and oil and fertilizer and crop dusters?. GM crops require first world farmers and 1st world farming techniques. Not exactly something the average 3rd world farmer is clamoring for.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

chegitz hurling insults? I had expected better from him. He is now on my list of wanchors.

Comment

• Che: how can you claim that something which allows us to produce more of one resource (food) using less of another (land or labor) adds no benefits?

That's fundamentally silly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cort Haus
                        chegitz hurling insults? I had expected better from him. He is now on my list of wanchors.
                        It was an ignorant comment, though I apologize for the insult.
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                          Che: how can you claim that something which allows us to produce more of one resource (food) using less of another (land or labor) adds no benefits?

That's fundamentally silly.
                          Well, the benefit to me is marginal. I don't see a decrease in my food prices. More farmers go out of business, so that increases misery. Yes, the land could be used then for more sprawl, but that isn't necessarily a good thing either. The only people who come out happy are the shareholders, and I'm not sure that happiness outweighs the unhappiness created.

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara

Are you really that stupid?

3rd world farmers have tractors and oil and fertilizer and crop dusters?. GM crops require first world farmers and 1st world farming techniques. Not exactly something the average 3rd world farmer is clamoring for.
                            I think third world is a too encompassing word, both Brazil and Chad are third world countries, but they have very different levels of development, I guess by third world you only mean half starved subsistence farmers?

But half starved subsistence farmers dont sell their crops, they eat them.

GM do help third world countries
                            I need a foot massage

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                              Well, the benefit to me is marginal. I don't see a decrease in my food prices. More farmers go out of business, so that increases misery. Yes, the land could be used then for more sprawl, but that isn't necessarily a good thing either. The only people who come out happy are the shareholders, and I'm not sure that happiness outweighs the unhappiness created.
                              This is silly. You've shown the benefit right here - more free land for "sprawl" (this is good, that sort of expansion helps everyone but Ludd) and more free labor to make other goods. So some people are unemployed for a while; that's the story of every single technology that we regard today as essential.

Comment

Working...
                              X