Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xbox 360 Elite ("Zephyr") coming, price cuts also ($229 core)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

Would be a nice feature, but I don't consider it inexcusable. I think it'll get integrated when Wireless-N is standardized -- B and G are just too slow for the kind of usage MS has planned for the 360.

Yeah, I suppose, but I don't want either ethernet cables or to use a usb adapter when costs more to me than I presume an internal one would cost.

I also don't like the idea of features that would be integrated into a 360 m3 onsale next year, when they aren't that expensive now. Oh well.

And, I will say that I agree with others on other sites that that black model looks like a dell.

Comment

Black or white, the 360 has a cheap look to it.

Comment

I would prefer black. That's what most AV equipment is, so you want it to match.

However, waiting for the lower-priced higher capability Premium looks like my best bet right now.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Cheap? You want cheap, look at the Wii. Feels cheap, too.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Cheap? You want cheap, look at the Wii. Feels cheap, too.
              I disagree.

Comment

I know. You think shiny = expensive, therefore matte = cheap.

Marketers love people like you.

Look! Reflective LCD screens! Looks expensive!
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I know. You think shiny = expensive, therefore matte = cheap.

Marketers love people like you.

Look! Reflective LCD screens! Looks expensive!
                  Incorrect, but don't let me get in the way of your rant.

Comment

I'm sure I'm incorrect. It must be the cheap light feeling that gives Wii the feeling of being expensive.

Comment

I dunno about the $479 price tag for the Elite... $20 less than the PS3, right? (Even if it is the 20GB version that nobody's carrying...)

Why? Well, simply put, I don't think it's wise to put anything close to the price of the PS3, because then it starts looking more "reasonable", with people deciding less rationally.
                      B♭3

Comment

Err...you don't see the point in limited edition items at an inflated price? Nor do I, but they're very popular anyway.

Comment

The 360 also got DMC4 this week. Good week for 360 owners.
                          Last edited by flash9286; March 21, 2007, 00:09.
                          Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

lets face it it doesn't come close to a Sega Megadrive
                            Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                            Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
                              I dunno about the $479 price tag for the Elite... $20 less than the PS3, right? (Even if it is the 20GB version that nobody's carrying...)

Why? Well, simply put, I don't think it's wise to put anything close to the price of the PS3, because then it starts looking more "reasonable", with people deciding less rationally.
                              And 20$ more gets you a next gen dvd player. Yeah, I think this move could backfire.

Comment

If I could get an Xbox 360 Premium for $300 I'd buy one in a heartbeat. Too bad I can't.
                                Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Working...
                                X