Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xbox 360 Elite ("Zephyr") coming, price cuts also ($229 core)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by laurentius
    Yeah, the HD-DVD is stuck well below the Bluray that is again strongly widening the gap to it.

Notice how the HD-DVD figure points down and the Bluray up
    I'm sure this had absolutely nothing to do with Amazon's 50% off sale for Bluray....but the trend is clearly down after the sale was over...
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

If check out the other figures on that site and you might agree with my assesment.
      Sure. Look: Downwards bluray, upwards HD DVD.
      Attached Files
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher

I'm sure this had absolutely nothing to do with Amazon's 50% off sale for Bluray....but the trend is clearly down after the sale was over...
        Negative. even when the figures clearly show that the average price for a HD-DVD movie is less then the one for the Bluray the HD-DVDs position is still getting worse in comparison to the Bluray.
        Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

• Look, more Bluray dominance without the amazon sale...
          Attached Files

Comment

Sure. Look: Downwards bluray, upwards HD DVD.
            hehe you really try.

# top 10000

Bluray 118 HD-DVD 85 and diminishing
            Attached Files

- Paul Valery

Comment

Look, more Bluray dominance without the amazon sale...
              please explain these figures

- Paul Valery

Comment

• Bluray's is diminishing in that...

Comment

please explain these figures
                  # of discs in the top 10.

Comment

• I see a tie...but a tie in what and where I dont know...perhaps you could explain your figures a little..

- Paul Valery

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                      ... or rather wait for the winner of the next format wars.
                      That too. Though for all I care they could both lose. DVD quality is high enough for me; the biggest advantage conferred by DVDs has been interactivity and the elimination of VHS-related hassles such as rewinding. HD and Bluray offer nothing more than sharper resolution, and in another ten years they'll be offering sharper resolution still. Look how excited I get:
                      1011 1100
                      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• EDIT:

I get it. Both have 2 products in top 100 right now. So?

In the 1000 the difference becomes more clear. Number od products in the top 1000 Bluray 19, HD-DVD 7.
                        Last edited by laurentius; March 23, 2007, 16:56.

- Paul Valery

Comment

• nm

- Paul Valery

Comment

I see a tie...but a tie in what and where I dont know...perhaps you could explain your figures a little..
                            I don't think any explanation is necessary if the point is to debunk someone's assertion that the war is over.

Comment

I don't think any explanation is necessary if the point is to debunk someone's assertion that the war is over.
                              A tie in top 100 doesnt mean a tie in the top 1000 or 10000

- Paul Valery

Comment

• In any of the cases, there's clearly no winner. The only observation that can reasonably be made is Bluray's trending downwards.

Comment

Working...
                                X