• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• apparently three things hate me:

Continental Airlines
    Newark International Airport
    Mother Nature

i should be in edinburgh right now. should being the operative word. i should have left thursday evening, but my flight out of albany was delayed into newark. i could come to terms with losing a single day, and i did.

then, twenty minutes before we were to board, they cancel all flights and close the airport. this was about six-thirty pm on friday. after waiting in line for three hours to get the flight rescheduled, we find out that the next flight we could get on leaves monday night.
    FOUR FCKING DAYS after we were originally supposed to depart.

with it being friday night still, i realize that i don't want to spend another three days in newark airport bringing my life's sum up to an astounding seven (two days spent on my first jaunt to texas, two days on the way back as well). i made the executive decision to go back home for the weekend, which in the end resulted in nearly an hundred dollars spent between the train to penn station, a cab ride to the wrong destination, a cab ride to the correct one, and a seven hour stay at the port authority.

the only good things that have come out of this are the story, getting my return pushed back without being charged, and my mother springing not only for the train back to newark on monday, but also for a bed and breakfast for two nights.

god doesn't hate me. just new jersey.
    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Re: apparently three things hate me:

Originally posted by self biased
    Continental Airlines
    Newark International Airport
    Mother Nature

i should be in edinburgh right now. should being the operative word. i should have left thursday evening, but my flight out of albany was delayed into newark. i could come to terms with losing a single day, and i did.

then, twenty minutes before we were to board, they cancel all flights and close the airport. this was about six-thirty pm on friday. after waiting in line for three hours to get the flight rescheduled, we find out that the next flight we could get on leaves monday night.
    FOUR FCKING DAYS after we were originally supposed to depart.

with it being friday night still, i realize that i don't want to spend another three days in newark airport bringing my life's sum up to an astounding seven (two days spent on my first jaunt to texas, two days on the way back as well). i made the executive decision to go back home for the weekend, which in the end resulted in nearly an hundred dollars spent between the train to penn station, a cab ride to the wrong destination, a cab ride to the correct one, and a seven hour stay at the port authority.

the only good things that have come out of this are the story, getting my return pushed back without being charged, and my mother springing not only for the train back to newark on monday, but also for a bed and breakfast for two nights.

god doesn't hate me. just new jersey.
    "Without being charged"?! Sheesh, I would expect significant compensation for that level of screwing around...
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

You don't want to be in Scotland right now, the Arctic Circle has slipped 1000 miles south
      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

I've never wanted to be in Scotland, thanks
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Yeah, I thought we had dispatched with winter and were now in the run-up to summer. No such damn luck, however...
          Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
            Yeah, I thought we had dispatched with winter and were now in the run-up to summer. No such damn luck, however...
            At least it'll get the daffs to **** off for a couple of weeks..
            www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Does the pollen from them give you bother?
              Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Does the pollen from them give you bother?
                Not since I've been to Aber..
                Nah it's the old, "daffodils in February..must be global warming" nonsense..
                www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Re: Re: apparently three things hate me:

"Without being charged"?! Sheesh, I would expect significant compensation for that level of screwing around...
                  it's the proverbial "act of god" clause. since the airline can't control the weather, yadda yadda yadda. though i was fortunate to have my flight back extended without charge, because of sympathy. the person who rescheduled the flights was management, luckily, and had sympathy that we were missing four days out of our honeymoon (and she had been recently married as well).

Comment

Another honeymoon? Jesus man, you have a new woman every week! Whatever you're doing, give me the lowdown

Under the situation, I would definitely expect my expenses covered - act of god is the weakest get out there is (especially from my perspective )
                    Speaking of Erith:

Comment

another? i didn't take one in the first place.

Comment

good news! my luggage has arrived in edinburgh.

Comment

Why Edinburgh in, um, March, out of interest?

Comment

Add me to that list.
                            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

a few reasons: my birthday is my birthday is this week, it's close to a pagan holiday for my wife, and most importantly it's the only week my parents could shift their timeshare over to this particular resort.

Comment

Working...
                              X