Is this guy serious?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this guy serious?

Rapture Index: 180 Change from last update:unch Updated: Sep 30, 2024 Edit 1.Debt & Trade426.Nuclear Nations543.Climate4 2.False

With almost any other meme, I would assume this was a joke. Even Conservapedia isn't this ridiculous. But we're talking evangelicals or fundamentalists or whatever they are. There's no telling.

I'd like to credit the Left Behind dissection blog at slacktivist.typepad.com for pointing me to this. Now, place your bets.
    Yes, I believe it is
    60.00%
    No, it has to be a joke
    0.00%
    Well...(scratches head)
    0.00%
    The Banana Millennium approaches!
    40.00%
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

How do you even find these things?!

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Like I said, there's a liberal Xian running a blog that dissects Left Behind page by page. It's a fascinating read, sort of the written equivalent of an alien autopsy: it's hideous to look upon, but it draws you in all the same. I mentioned it here weeks or months ago, but few showed interest and it sank down to obscurity. Anyway, the latest installment of that blog mentioned this thing in passing.
      1011 1100

Comment

The folks at Rapture Ready are for real. It isn't satire ... but to God I'm sure it's a joke.
        The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

I like rapture ready. Its kinda neat.
          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

"01 False Christs
            A gentleman in Florida has made news by claiming to
            be Christ. "

Has he been proven to be false, then? I mean, if this Jebus-guy would come back and all... How would they determine he really is who he is? ID?

Personally, I've allways favored the Ragnarök.
            I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

from the faq

Because date-setting can cause emotional harm to some people, we do not allow date-setting on the message board. A couple of years back, one participant threatened to kill himself after he thought he'd missed the rapture.
              apparently that individual missed this...

If I commit suicide, will I still go to Heaven?

If you have placed your hope and trust in the Lord, there is never any reason to take your own life. Jesus loves you so much and as a believer in Him, you experience that love each day. It is the devil who is spewing the lies that make you doubt and feel hopeless. Jesus said, "The thief comes only to steal, kill and destroy. I have come that they may have life and have it to the full" (John 10:10). You are living what believers were warned about in 1 Peter 5:8, “Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.”

The answer to your question is a difficult one because I have trouble believing that someone who has truly accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior could ever have so little hope. The most important thing that you need to do is to get on your knees and cry out to God to heal you from within. Ask Him to forgive your lack of trust and your fear of the future. Ask Him for guidance and strength to endure whatever it is you are facing. And, ask God to show you exactly how He feels about you.

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
                Has he been proven to be false, then? I mean, if this Jebus-guy would come back and all... How would they determine he really is who he is? ID?
                I think Jesus said in one of the Gospels that when He comes back, we'll know. He won't be incarnating as a baby again, or living as a traveling preacher. The Second Coming is known as the end of the world for a reason. Think rain of fire.
                1011 1100

Comment

Yeah, every eye shall see Him.

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I like how oil prices, liberalism, and the US trade deficit are factors affecting the "rapture index".
                    "Every time I have to make a tough decision, I ask myself, 'What would Tom Cruise do?' Then I jump up and down on the couch." - Neil Strauss

Comment

This is outrageous:

07 The Economy
                      The economies of The U.S. and Japan show healthy growth.
                      So Europe is growing faster than either of the above and they state this? China? India? If you're going to do a rapture index then at least do it right.
                      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

You expect fundamentalists to make sense?
                        The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

make another poll for who wants the rapture NOW

lets get it over worth so we can move on
                          anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Working...
                          X