No announcement yet.

I think some of my teammates are taking this too seriously

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the zone because it allows me to shut down 2 receivers at once on most plays.

I'm an okay offensive player. Not great at all. I think I'm the best defensive player we have, though.

I'm going to try to sit out as much of the offence as I can (we have a 10 man roster and are allowed 7 on the field) and save myself for defence.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

No contact football???? Why bother?
      "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

If you can figure out a way to make Hopkins let us run full contact then I'm all ears.

We scrimmaged against another team yesterday and I ran into a player on the other team. He was about 5'6 and 125 lbs

I think I hurt him. He was slow getting up...
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

KH: American football is not like Hockey. You're going to have to learn to go easy on these guys.
          What?

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
            I like the zone because it allows me to shut down 2 receivers at once on most plays.

I'm an okay offensive player. Not great at all. I think I'm the best defensive player we have, though.

I'm going to try to sit out as much of the offence as I can (we have a 10 man roster and are allowed 7 on the field) and save myself for defence.
            just make sure your teammates dont blow the zone coverage by wandering abouts.
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Comment

The good ones are pretty smart about what they're doing.

The bad ones on our team mostly have the "stand and stare" problem rather than the wandering problem.

Some people just get mesmerised by the movement of a dozen people at once instead of focusing on their area of responsibility.
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Bah! If you guys really knew physics, you'd wheel out a thermonuclear-powered sonic cannon and dare the other team to try and score.

And don't forget to activate your force fields!

Comment

Phasors on stun!
                    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

To protect the QB you have to "block" without contact. You basically set screens. The defending player cannot initiate contact either, so if you're on the OL it's just a question of keeping yourself between the defenders and your QB.

I hate that ****, mainly because I always had to play O-line. Feels faintly ridiculous "blocking" a guy with your hands behind your back...
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I so wanna try that. I used to rule at touch rugby. Something about being a bit quick on my feet. This sounds awesome!
                        Smile
                        For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                        But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Flag Fooball? Sounds like a contact sport that doesn't allow contact......would *** Football be more apt?

Comment

would *** Football be more apt?

That would be a great name, but sadly soccer's already claimed it...
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X