49 police officers killed in India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kidicious

If I understand what you are saying you are right, but that's because I'm a communist. I wouldn't be saying that this was a terrorist attack though. I wouldn't even be arguing that they are just criminals like some people are here.
    Yeah, I meant You'd support their extermination. I'm tired this week, so I often can't express myself properly.
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Originally posted by Arrian
      I'd have to agree that an attack on a police station is not necessarily terrorism... a rebel group could consider that a valid military target.
      So you did not consider the IRA as terrorists? Most of their attacks in Ireland were on Police and Military targets.

Comment

• It's a gray area to me. The IRA also did (deliberately) kill civilians, did they not?

Had they strictly limited their attacks on police/military... I'd have to question the "terrorist" label. That doesn't mean I approve, mind you.

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arrian
          It's a gray area to me. The IRA also did (deliberately) kill civilians, did they not?
          Sometimes, but it wasn't at the core of their policy, AIUI. They apologised for the Enniskillen massacre - and most of their attacks were on State targets. I gather they denied the infamous pub bombings of Birmingham and Guildford, (whose convictions turned out to be unsound) and most of their London bombings involved advanced warning to clear civilians out.

Comment

• I remember the advance warning bit. Still, the target of such attacks was civilian - clearly "terrorizing" civilians, even if they were warned. I see that as different than an attack on a police station or military base.

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• The term "terrorist" doesn't really figure in the Indian political lexicon. After 9/11 and Teh War on Terror, Islamic fundamentalist cells in the cities that plant bombs on trains, etc., are sometimes called terrorists, but armed, organised groups like the Naxals/Maoists, Kashmiri separatists, etc., are still called "militants," "insurgents," and "ultras."
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

• These guys aren't terrorists. It's not their strategy. Even when they attack civilians it's because the civilians are helping their enemies. They make it known.
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Well, you're the expert, of course. But if I may provide some anecdotal counter-evidence: A friend of my Mom's family was associated with the Naxals at their birth. She was an idealistic West Bengal communist, and believed firmly in their stated goals. But she was soon disillusioned and quit (and is now a senior member of the Communist Party of India (M) which is in power in Bengal and in the ruling coalition in Delhi). She's spoken about how the Maoist organisations are now run: poor, teenage boys are recruited and given guns. They soon discover that they then have free access to money, women, and alcohol. When the power, or the alcohol, mix with their youth and hormones, they forget that it's wrong to start killing civilians who get in the way of their free access to aforementioned objects of desire. And their superiors happily pass off these murders, which happen ALL THE TIME, as actions against "police informers." And why wouldn't they? Not only do they (many of whom likewise started out as opportunists) enjoy money, alcohol, and women themselves, they also benefit from a local population made much more pliant out of fear of being killed as informers.
                  THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                  AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                  AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                  DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Working...
                  X