Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am sure you must've done at some point
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

No..I hate getting sand stuck to me after going in the sea, you see..
      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py

FeMme, a NZ gal in Apolyton? This is a rare sight, when did you join and what boards do you post on? (No I'm not looking, besides, I am currently living in Singapore!).
        I joined Poly last May and posted mostly in the C4SPDG Forum and PBEM's of course!

But back to the topic: I'm particularly fond of the Coromandel beaches as I grew up there. Leigh is also pretty good if you like snorkling.
        Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Member of Team Southern Cross in Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game
        Member of the Great Council of the Horde in Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS

The well known resort of Aberystwyth, New Zealand...

I'm surprised none of you Kiwis picked up on this...
          So is that in Scotland or something, MOBIUS...? I would have noted that you don't get snow at the sea in NZ though. Well, there was that one night in Wellington when the southerly made it snow at the hockey stadium...

The scenery of NZ is like Switzerland with beaches, to you Europeans. And now I can say that with authority, having moved to somewhere where the sight of the French Alps is everyday. The beaches aren't tropical, and over much of the country they are a bit windy, but you can find some very very nice calm places, particularly on the East of the North Island.

This thread proudly supported by the NZ tourism board.
          Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I spent a surreal Christmas at Pauanui once...

Christmas at the beach is always awesome, but this was made more weird staying at a friend's family's place in the Kaimai Hills and witnessing various factions of the family fight it out over the inheritance of some old family member who'd just died...

Weird also was the fact that I was up there with a girl I knew liked me, although I'd just started going out with someone she knew (but whose parents wouldn't allow me to attend their Christmas party, because they thought I was a 'pommie waster'), so there I was with this other girl (I had to go somewhere for Christmas... )and we and her younger sister ended up leaving the family 'war' to go to their 'batch' (Kiwi Holiday home) at Pauanui Beach - things then got weirder as I definitely got vibes that the younger sis was also moving in on me (sort of sibling rivalry thing), so I actually made my excuses before ending up in some kind of wonderful threesome with the sisters and cheating on my new g/f...

Lovely place, Pauanui...
            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt

So is that in Scotland or something, MOBIUS...? I would have noted that you don't get snow at the sea in NZ though. Well, there was that one night in Wellington when the southerly made it snow at the hockey stadium...

The scenery of NZ is like Switzerland with beaches, to you Europeans. And now I can say that with authority, having moved to somewhere where the sight of the French Alps is everyday. The beaches aren't tropical, and over much of the country they are a bit windy, but you can find some very very nice calm places, particularly on the East of the North Island.

This thread proudly supported by the NZ tourism board.
              Hey MWIA...

All I can say is: New Zealand!

Why else would I have arrived there on a 6 month visitor's visa and overstayed my welcome to the tune of 3 years...
              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

MOBIUS, why don't you hate America?
                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Good lord does that Aberystwyth beach ever look bleak and uninviting.
                  "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                  "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                  "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

I am currently living in Singapore!
                    Singapore rocks!!! It's stinking hot but all you have to do is mall-hop to stay cool and buy 32floz of coke from Burger King!!! Oh, and the street food is really good.

Hey, don't they have a man-made beach there or something?
                    Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Member of Team Southern Cross in Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game
                    Member of the Great Council of the Horde in Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

Yah its called Sentosa. Nice place.

To be honest, I don't want to return to NZ coz of the damn cold winters. I need my warm weather every day and every night.

Just the thought of having to rush out of bed and into a hot shower (which by the way you have to wait for) in the frosty mornings scares me enough not to go back. I'm stayin here, Singapore's my new home! I just hope it doesn't sink..
                      be free

Comment

We've got the best beaches - and I have actually gone skiing in the morning and beach barbie in the afternoon - very nice!
                        I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

nugog, did David Lange really say that?
                          be free

Comment

Yah its called Sentosa. Nice place.

To be honest, I don't want to return to NZ coz of the damn cold winters. I need my warm weather every day and every night.

Just the thought of having to rush out of bed and into a hot shower (which by the way you have to wait for) in the frosty mornings scares me enough not to go back. I'm stayin here, Singapore's my new home! I just hope it doesn't sink..
                            Yes, well outdoors NZ isn't that cold (still got a kick today when it snowed here in Switzerland! ), but you of course mean the INside temperature. Now that's glacial.

And heyyyy, MOB. Are you in NZ now? Whereabouts are you overstaying?
                            Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki
                              Good lord does that Aberystwyth beach ever look bleak and uninviting.

It's the best place in the world
                              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Coromandel rocks, I stayed there for a week in january. In a place called Little Bay, it was awesome.

Surfing 6 hours a day and then a BBQ... Those were the times.
                                When it all comes to it, life is nothing more than saltfish - Salka Valka

Comment

Working...
                                X