No announcement yet.

Truth or BS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want to put faith in them, go ahead. Knowing how piss-poor the site design is, though, where it counts a reload of the page as a page view for advertising, however, suggests that most of those numbers aren't reliable and somewhat inflated.

It's a ****tily-designed site, and it's a shame marketers are so willing to fork over dollars to them.
    B♭3

Comment

Hitting Refresh does not count as another page view on MySpace. Getting lots of comments, messages, and picture comments supports this. Also, it does not count as a page view if you view your own page while being signed in.

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
        Samsung spent US$4.6 billion into R&D in 2004. That's 32 times that Nintendo figure, meaning that Samsung alone spent 64 times what the US government did, theoretically.

That said, the US may not directly fund R&D, but they help create an environment conducive to massive R&D spending.
        That's R&D into education innovation.

The US gov't spends good amounts on R&D overall and its companies spend a great deal, of course (f.e., MSFT spent $6.5 billion).
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

They must've fixed that then, because when I last looked at the statistics, it did.

That does not change the fact that it's a horrid site, and a ****ing waste of resources that should be abolished.

Of course, the masses who like **** like religion and Dancing with the ****ing Stars like MySpace too, further proving that superior things do not always win out in the end, and that mouthbreeders will eventually outnumber the enlightened on this planet.

We're buggered.
          B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by DanS

That's R&D into education innovation.

The US spends good amounts on R&D overall.
            Heh. I didn't notice that. That means the video was also exceptionally misleading, at least in that respect.
            B♭3

Comment

Meh, I didn't sense that the video had any particular point, other than to assemble gee whiz statistics, so it was hard to be misleading.
              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed

Heh. I didn't notice that. That means the video was also exceptionally misleading, at least in that respect.
                That video is misleading on every point except the fact that 2 bill people are moving, and while the start may be slow, well, when they get momentum you need a good head start if you don't want to get passed.
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

A lot of it was just stupid. The first part gave some of the reasons why population is a good thing. However, it is also true that the US has most top scientists in the world (I don't expect this to be true throughout my lifetime).

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

A much more interesting video on statistics...

Comment

I can only despair at this

how can smaller countries compete with China and India
                      I need a foot massage

Comment

They conquer them.
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

For all those who didnt know Tintin, the guy in Dans video mentioned him.
                          I need a foot massage

Comment

Working...
                          X