Zimbabwe oppositon leader beaten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zimbabwe oppositon leader beaten

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070313/...imbabwe_unrest;_ylt=AntXE3A_8oNaDpVInZt2j7hvaA8F

and arrested, along with other opposition members.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Here's an easier-to-use link: http://tinyurl.com/2owdqn

The good news is that Mugabe is now 83 years old. Does anyone know whether he has created any sort of back-up government in case he suddenly dies? Civil war sounds like a good thing with his kind of leadership.

Comment

in case he suddenly dies

I can't believe nobody's put a bullet in his brain yet.
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

well, the latest ones that probably thought about it are currently being round up...

this is what "opposition" in africa means.
        "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

How much would it cost to put a professional sniper in the right place at the right time?

We could take up a collection among First World nations to pay for it...
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

a professional sniper who missed would only justify a tougher crackdown. Also, AFAIK, Mugabe has been careful to keep the army and security forces happy, so there may well be a successor there. Much better would be to have the regime overthrown.

Meantime pressure must be applied to get Tsvinagarai released. The country with the most leverage is South Africa. Where are the heirs of Mandela and Biko and the freedom fighters now?
            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Hey, I mentioned my solution and the usual suspects spouted their usual drivel...

Oh, BTW there's a genocide in Darfur needs dealing with too...
              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
                Also, AFAIK, Mugabe has been careful to keep the army and security forces happy, so there may well be a successor there.
                Apparently he's even beginning to run out of money to pay them too...

Much better would be to have the regime overthrown.
                Agreed. But wait, all our men are tied up fighting wars elsewhere...

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS
                  Agreed. But wait, all our men are tied up fighting wars elsewhere...
                  Who said we have to be the ones to do it? Its in South Africas back yard, they could do it by threatening trade sanctions, and they are great advocates of freedom, or so they say.

Comment

Thabo Mbeki is merely a younger version of Mugabe...

Comment

I'm surprised a high court judge ordered that Tsvangirai had to be allowed contact with his lawyer when the regime wouldn't let him. A sign of retreat or a sign that Mugabe still doesn't have complete control over the judicial system?

The inaction of South Africa is repulsive either how.
                      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Zimbabwe's opposition leader taken to hospital from court

Zimbabwe still has medical personel left?
                        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Zimbabwe bothers with courts?
                          The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

"One man, one vote, one time."
                            ... William F. Buckley Jr. commenting on how democracy works in Africa.

Comment

Enough allready!
                              "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                              "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Working...
                              X