Internet Alternatives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Alternatives

Are there small handheld devices that can hook up to the internet thru UBS or whatever connector? Like can I just plug my ethernet cable into a non-traditional computer to browse and do email?

I think you can use any of those devices that have Windows MCE on it. You would probably want to do wifi rather than ethernet, on the other hand.

Another alternative is that Nokia tablet that runs Linux.

Edit: Not Windows MCE. Rather, Windows CE, the OS for handhelds.
    Last edited by DanS; March 11, 2007, 15:18.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

I thought that this was about the Secret Internet that only a few of us have access to. Oops!
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Re: Internet Alternatives

Originally posted by Berzerker
        Are there small handheld devices that can hook up to the internet thru UBS or whatever connector? Like can I just plug my ethernet cable into a non-traditional computer to browse and do email?
        yes. you can use your mobile phone (provided it has an internet dialing application and tethering ability) to access the internet. Ive been using the PPC6700 as my internet access for months now and am only paying 48 dollars a month for unlimited net access and my phone plan. Ive used the ppc6700 with my laptop, desktop and by itself to do this.

granted the ppc6700 has a firmware flaw that prevents sprint from knowing if you are using the handheld or your computer to access the internet.

if that isnt what you meant then i have no idea.
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

we just got sprint mobile broadband with a Linksys router, it uses the standard sprint card. I wonder if we can get a phone that can hook right up to the ethernet cable from the Linksys router.

do you need to connect your phone to anything or does the card go into it?

Comment

Working...
          X