No announcement yet.

House of Blues announces lineup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they're aiming for the tourist trade.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

There's still plenty of good, real blues clubs in Chicago.
      Memphis, too.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Chicago, naturally. New Orleans, St. Louis, certainly somewhere in Texas. Birthplaces of strains of Blues.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
          There's still plenty of good, real blues clubs in Chicago.
          Memphis, too.
          In Sacramento they have The Torch which only plays Blues.

Comment

I've been buddies with the head of production for HOB for many years. As chains go, it's a lot more palatable than the Hard Rock.
            ...I thought they were owned by the same holding company/guy?
            B♭3

Comment

They were started by the same guy, Isaac Tigrett. Ownership is totally separate. Or at least it was 3 years ago. Tigrett sold out his interest in Hard Rock long ago, disillusioned at how his vision had been turned into a tawdry chain store-tourist trap.

He later started HOB to "get it right this time." That said, HOB has become pretty corporate as well. I've never met Tigrett, and haven't worked professionally with the company in a few years, but remain buds with the production guy.
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

•Eagles tribute act Tequila Sunrise, May 25 in the Cambridge Room

At a place they call The House of Blues?

Burn the place down.
                Golfing since 67

Comment

I do like HoB better then The Hard Rock Cafe. The Hard Rock never seems to play much in the way of decent music at least not on the few times I've gone in. The HoB does get some decent line ups plus the feel of the place is a music venue which sells drinks while the Hard Rock feels like an over priced restaurant which occasionally has subpar bands.

Comment

I went to the H O B's in Myrtle Beach South Carolina

It was enjoyable, although I was a little concerned it being a chain, but am glad I spent the time and resources on it

Gramps
                    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

BTW, if you've never seen Buddy Guy live, you should target that appearance.
                      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Live is still around ehh?

never been to the house of blues. Tickets go for hundreds of dollars. For that kind of money I expect at least FS or a BJ from the lead singer.

Comment

Those guys are also old acquaintances of mine. Met them back when Ed Kowalczyk still wore his nerd glasses on stage.

Comment

Working...
                          X