Don't mention the polar bears, Bush tells US scientists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doddler
    I heard he has increased investment in it rapidly?
    His version of science, that is.

But, just like with global warming, I'm sure 11,000 scientists must be wrong.
    "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi

His version of science, that is.

But, just like with global warming, I'm sure 11,000 scientists must be wrong.
      Out of how many scientists worldwide?

And how many didn't counter-sign due to intimidation and fear of losing their funding..
      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Damn polar bears will rip you to shreds and eat you without pity or remorse. I say we put them to sleep with those drugs they shoot from guns, then load them into trebushes (sp), and just when they wake up, throw them.
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

**** that! They're white!
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Seals are definitely not safe.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Yeah, damn Polar Bears reduce seal population leaving teh poor Canadians with diminished livelihoods!

Comment

That's one way to turn your white fur coat brown...
                  The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

If global heating proceeds, the polar bears will melt
                    So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                    Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                      You are right.

People care more about the polar bears because they are white.

racism

screw all the little macacas... let them drown! But let's save the snowy white bears!
                      You are aware of the fact that polar bear skin is black ?
                      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker

Urban spawl hits the Arctic?
                        More like industrial fishing which cuts down on the food supply for seals.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

industrial fishing in Arctic waters is small scale, its the Antarctic and Pacific that are fished heavily.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                            screw all the little macacas... let them drown! But let's save the snowy white bears!
                            Unless I'm mistaken, global warming threatens both polar bears AND inhabitants of shallow islands
                            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor

Unless I'm mistaken, global warming threatens both polar bears AND inhabitants of shallow islands
                              The scale of who gets saved goes as follows:

Rich White People
                              Cute White Animals
                              Cute non-white Animals
                              Poor White People
                              Ugly yet exotic animals
                              People who tan suspiciously well or have odd accents
                              non-white people

Besides. You could like train polar bears to pull your sleigh or keep them as like attack bears in your palace or something. Hungry island children can't pull sleighs and balk at eating human flesh.
                              Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                              -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat
                                You are aware of the fact that polar bear skin is black ?
                                Darn. I wanted to be the first to point out this little-known fact.

Comment

Working...
                                X