X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thieves return booty

Church Burglars Have Change Of Heart

Thieves Break Back In To Return Items

HUNTINGTON, W.Va. -- Burglars who stole thousands of dollars of equipment from the Guyandotte United Methodist Church apparently had a change of heart, breaking in the following night to return what they stole.

Thieves first jimmied the church's door locks Monday night and stole about $5,000 worth of sound and office equipment, church treasurer Rocky Frazier said. Then, they broke back the next night and returned everything.

"They taketh and the Lord giveth back," Frazier said Friday. "It's like there's a higher power at work."

Whatever the reason, they had a change of heart, said the Rev. Julia Bolling.

"It was either that, or our prayer for grace for them," she said.

The sound system, keyboard, computer -- "It's all back," she said.

The only thing the thieves didn't return was about $22 in change, Frazier said.

Even though the equipment was returned and no real damage was done, Huntington Police Lt. Rocky Johnson said the investigation remains open.

"It's odd that they brought it back," said Johnson, noting that he's never seen anything like this. "I'm glad they did."
    I wonder if the thieves can write off the returned equipment from their income tax.

I wouldn't want to go to jail, or Hell, for ripping off a church.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Booty
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
        Booty
        Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
          Booty
          Returned Booty
          Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by Sprayber

Returned Booty
            How do you do that?

Walk up to her father and wipe your privates off on his trousers?
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
            X