No announcement yet.

BBCA: Robin Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually thought Roibn Hood got better as it went along.

And by the end was half decent
    Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
    Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Robin and his men were dressed by H&M clearly. We spent an evening pointing out all the highstreet stores they raided to get the costumes. That said, its bad enough to be funny if you don't take it seriously and the trousers are tight enough to so that Robin didn't convert away from Christianity when he was off in the Holy Land. I rarely ask for much more in my saturday night TV.
      Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
      -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin
        I watched the first 10 minutes of the first episode of Robin Hood. It was awful, it was the British equivalent to the Hercules travesty.

I particularly liked the way that Robin and his Merrie Men had access to what I suspect were Hungarian or Bundeswehr combat trousers in Mediaeval England.

Oh, and Maid Marian appears to enjoy wearing M & S cardigans. So that's where Lord Cardigan found the idea all those centuries later...

Truly, this was verily ye olde crappe heape of dross.

Jonas Armstrong was quite amusing on 'Never Mind The Buzzcocks' tho'....

Still, unlike Kevin Costner, Jonas Armstrong appears to have a separate neck and chin.

Twang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Attached Files
        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

My point with Lost was actually that I think the writers never had that over reaching story concept nailed at the outset - the third season has given me the impression that the writers really don't know where they are taking the story.

LoMars is an example of how sometimes less can be more.

That said there are plenty of shows with long season runs that I rate very highly because the quality is maintained brilliantly - Battlestar Galacatica, Scrubs and Bones for example.

The penultimate and final episodes of Robin Hood are rather fun.

*VERY MILD SPOILER*

Hood briefly forgets he is supposed to be a pacifist and finally manages to look like the veteran of the crusades (and Royal bodyguard) that he is supposed to be.
          It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
            BBC America is awesome - Eddie Izzard

BBC America is all antique shows and boring period dramas. Why can't they show Alan Partridge reruns?
            Wow, i didnt think any USians would get Alan Partridge, let alone like it.
            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
            CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
            One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Apparently that series had some success, but I never thought that guy looked like a good Robin Hood...

Alan Partridge, though

Comment

Blah

Comment

Comment

I'll assume that "get" in this case means "have access to", rather than the horribly condescending alternative...
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I bet you're assuming wrongly...
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Oh, I'm almost certain of it.
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I saw this was on BBC America's on demand channal but I haven't actually taken the time to watch it yet.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                            BBC America is awesome - Eddie Izzard

Non-HD TV series, though

QFT

Also, Doctor Who.

I like Billie Piper.
                            Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten

I'll assume that "get" in this case means "have access to", rather than the horribly condescending alternative...
                              Considering 'I'm Alan Partridge' includes a lot of jokes with references to obscure British celebrities or places (Bill Oddie, Yeovil Aerodrome etc), its understandable for you lot not to get it in parts.
                              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                              CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                              One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

You didn't say that you didn't think we would get it "in parts"...
                                KH FOR OWNER!
                                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X