Where are you ancestors from

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eli
    As far as I know all are Jews from Eastern Europe.
    Naah

Central asian Khazars!

j/k

I am half spanish criollo, which surely means I have some amerindian down there since the spanish almost didnt bring women to America, 1/4 russian jews, 1/4 german
    I need a foot massage

Comment

Mother's side: mostly German. She's a Pittsburgh gal.

Father's side: I know we have some Huguenot somewhere in there, but I'm at least part Scottish (clan Stewart), and part Welsh. One of his ancestors got in trouble in 1620 or so for selling booze to the natives on a Sunday.
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Half Irish, half Welsh/English.

Mother's family were Protestants from the Derry area so the line goes back to Scottish immigrants to Ireland if you trace far enough.

Father born in Wrexham but the family name is most common on the English side of the Welsh border.

Probably bits of Saxon and others thrown in but mostly Gaelic - which explains the moodiness, liking for alcohol and why I feel more comfortable living in Ireland than anywhere else I've ever been.
        Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

My father's family comes from Rzeszow, which area used to be polish-ruthenian boarderland once, but is clearly polish now.
          My mother's family comes from Red Ruthenia/Podolia/Bukovina boarderland, which was mixed polish/ukrainian/jewish until ww2. My grand-grand mother was armenian. My grandma's surname doesn't sound clearly polish, but I don't know exactly its roots. My mother's family was often taken for Jews and being from 3/4 jewish cities, it wouldn't be suprising, but my mother still has an official ww2 document from local priest stating that we are not jewish. My grandpa was rich and could simply buy that, though.
          "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
          I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
          Middle East!

Comment

3/4 Norwegian, 1/4 German

My dad's paternal grandparents came here from a little farm near Bergen, Norway. My mom's paternal great-grandparents, Lower Saxon Germans, came here from Hamburg.

Comment

Dandakaranya.

Comment

France
                What?

Comment

wtf is France?
                  "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                  I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                  Middle East!

Comment

They say 70% of US citizens have German ancestry, but only 40% have English ancestry.

Family name from German peasants who crossed to America in 1717. Roots on that side can be traced to some minor Italian noblewoman married off to a German family in the late 16th.

Once in America... mixed German, Scots, Irish, and maybe even English.

Mom's side is mostly Scots and Saxon and Norman, supposedly descended from medieval Scottish royalty.
                    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

They say 70% of US citizens have German ancestry, but only 40% have English ancestry.

We've had several threads on this that debunked that figure

Comment

I'm going to guess Kuciwalker has a lot of Russian blood.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Yes. Though I recall mentioning that before.

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
                            wtf is France?

Trans-alpine Gaul.
                            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
                              wtf is France?
                              Your EU overlord
                              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                                Yes. Though I recall mentioning that before.
                                I was just guessing by your obvious last name.
                                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                                X