What is the best religion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best religion?

Subcategories (like catholic, protestant, sunni, shia, etc.) can be included. If there's some really cool religion out there maybe I convert (no promise though).

Discuss. Only serious answers of course.
    Blah

The one where everyone worships me and gives me all their money
    Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
    Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
    Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

hopi

Comment

What is the best poison?

But if you have to have one, go with the Roman Catholic Church. They have a much better stance on evolution and on the literal meaning of the Bible than the crazy American protestantsâ„¢ .
        I'm not buying BtS until Firaxis impliments the "contiguous cultural border negates colony tax" concept.

Comment

BuRjaCi, you're kidding right?

As far as my knowledge on religion goes, I would pick Buddhism. I mean what could be better than inner peace? Just don't over-do it.

Maybe what we need to do is take all the sensible and good stuff from religions around the world, compile it into one book, simplify it to a paragraph or few and add one extra rule: Don't think about it too much.
          be free

Comment

Buddhism. It's just so much more cool and laid back than the others...
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py
              BuRjaCi, you're kidding right?

As far as my knowledge on religion goes, I would pick Buddhism. I mean what could be better than inner peace? Just don't over-do it.

Maybe what we need to do is take all the sensible and good stuff from religions around the world, compile it into one book, simplify it to a paragraph or few and add one extra rule: Don't think about it too much.
              We could call it Truth 2.0. Everyone likes an update I mean look at Islam (Truth 1.6) and Christianity (Truth 1.1- and the modability was great but most people will end up using 1.6 eventualy). But I suppose Judaism (Truth 0.8) is still used by hard-core fans.
              I'm not buying BtS until Firaxis impliments the "contiguous cultural border negates colony tax" concept.

Comment

Originally posted by _BuRjaCi_

We could call it Truth 2.0. Everyone likes an update I mean look at Islam (Truth 1.6) and Christianity (Truth 1.1- and the modability was great but most people will end up using 1.6 eventualy). But I suppose Judaism (Truth 0.8) is still used by hard-core fans.
                But you're only dealing with the ME-OS Operating System there. Very different packages run on FE-OS.
                Last edited by Cort Haus; March 2, 2007, 06:07.

Comment

I think Judachrislam has to be the best.

Comment

Originally posted by _BuRjaCi_

Apparently some hardcore coders in the US have been working on Truth 1.8...
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Another vote for Buddhism

Comment

(my) defenition of a religion: organized human attempts to achieve a greater goal in life.

I am opposed to all religions. That includes christian religion. That excludes (obviously) christianity itself, which is not a religion. (I'm serious)

Though, if I'm wrong and there is no god, then I concider Buddhism to be the one most close to the truth. But since I do believe that there is a God I think that Buddhism is furthest away from the truth.

I must say though that I have most respect for buddhists, since they take the concequences of atheism seriously. (I'm talking about original, atheistic buddhism, not hindu-inspirated god-worshipping buddhism)
                        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

So now Atheism is a religion and Christianity is not?
                          Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Radical islam.
                            I mean, what could be better? You get to play your life like an FPS, you can teamkill as much as you like without getting minus points, and when you get fragged you respawn with all those juicy virgins
                            The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                              So now Atheism is a religion and Christianity is not?
                              Shut up, you religious nut!

Comment

Working...
                              X