• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, do you still wanna smoke?

Spec.

Non-smoking lungs________________________________Smoking lungs
    Attached Files
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

<------------- QUIT
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

I am stopping right now. Thanks to that pic.

I was going for a cigarette and saw that pic from an e-mail I received...

I am now a non smoker.

But I wonder if they took the worst of the worst...

Spec.
      -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

What it doesn't indicate is how heavy the habit of the smoker on the right was. Some people smoke 40 a day, others smoke 5-6 a day.

Does anyone know how long it takes the lungs of a light smoker to recover after giving up?

Comment

Originally posted by Spec
          I am stopping right now. Thanks to that pic.

I was going for a cigarette and saw that pic from an e-mail I received...

I am now a non smoker.

But I wonder if they took the worst of the worst...

Spec.
          Dude, were you never taught what cigarette due to the lungs? Quebec public schools are awful.

Where do you think all that tar goes?
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Seeing as the pictures are from the 'National Comitee against Tobacco' we can assume that a propaganda point is being made.

Comment

There has been a study (no I dont have a link, saw it on TV) that showed that smoking 5 smokes or less everyday does not cause any damage what so ever...The problem is, I cant smoke only 5 a day...

So I'm better off quiting.

Spec.

Comment

you can do it Spec. its not hard.

what happened to me was i was totally broke and had no cigs, so i couldnt buy any and i dont ever ask for charity or bum smokes. so i was basically screwed. When i DID get my paycheck the next week, i simply didnt buy any more cigs. that was a long month, but i got through it and i am a healthier person now because of it...

BE STRONG
                Order of the Fly
                Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Because the first set of longues looks so tasty...
                  In da butt.
                  "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                  THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                  "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

Dude, were you never taught what cigarette due to the lungs? Quebec public schools are awful.
                    So no one smokes in alberta Asher?

Where do you think all that tar goes?
                    Yea, I knew....But seeing it is a whole other story when you're a smoker.

Spec.

Comment

I quit on 1/1/2006. I'm doing fine. I'll admit that I enjoyed smoking, right to the end, and if there were no ill health effects I'd totally smoke again. But there are, so I won't.

-Arrian
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Oh and Asher, your little games are getting boring. Anything I post, I know you'll just post some stupid comment you dont even beleive yourself...You're really just repetitive and lack originality.

Spec.

Comment

Originally posted by Spec
                          So no one smokes in alberta Asher?
                          The smoking rate in Alberta is far lower than in Quebec.
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

By the way, wrt to the picture, I saw one once that added a third lung: resident of NYC. It looked halfway between the pack-a-day smoker lung and the non-smoker lung.

-Arrian
                            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

The smoking rate in Alberta is far lower than in Quebec.
                              Isn't everything better in Alberta anyways? So why state it?

Spec.

Comment

Working...
                              X