Done anything dumb lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Done anything dumb lately?

As a light-hearted bit of relief from the KH game, especially for those folks that aren't playing it, it might be fun for people to post silly things they've done recently - or even not so recently. I'm sure some people never do anything silly, but remember Professor Branestawm, the brilliant but absent-minded inventor ...

I'll start by admitting that when recently attempting to refill the sugar bowl from the sugar jar, I poured the sugar into my coffee cup instead. Doh!

I suggested a process improvement at work.

(note that whoever makes such suggestions usually ends up owning all the work involved in getting the suggestion implemented)
    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

I told the wife I'd try and send her and the kids to Brazil.

If you knew my wife you'd appreciate how stupid that move was. (Knowledge of the workings of Brazilian and U.S. imigration laws might help deepen the sympathy for this particular stupidity.)

Tom P.

Comment

I let our cat back into the house after he had tangled with a skunk. As soon as he walked in the door I realized my mistake, but then I compounded it by immediately shouting "Noooo!" and leaping towards the cat. Really bad move, as the cat is a) easily spooked, and b) much quicker than me. Took me quite a while to catch him, and we essentially ended up defumigating the whole house because of it.....

D

Comment

Stuie, OUUuch! Now that is stupid What you get is what you described, you get to do it . PLUS as an added bonus, you still do your old job as well and they won't pay you more. And if the project 'fails', it was because of you. If it succeeds, well, a lot of people will still have problems with the new way of doing things, so they'll hate your ass anyway.

Just never do that, unless you can dictate your own role in it.....
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I'm permanently doing stupid things, they're so common to me that I don't treat them as anything special and keep forgetting about them quick.

Pretty embarrassing was a situation about 2 weeks ago, where I was driving in my car with my wife and had to jump on the brakes hashly, because another car apparently violated my right of way. I swore loudly (and maybe made a rude gesture too ) only to find out all of a sudden, that I was myself the only dumbass in this situation, because I had just driven over a red light.

Comment

I constantly find myself posting on Poly...
              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

I clicked on this thread.

Comment

Order of the Fly
                  Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

I said to my boss "...ok, I'm going to go back to my cube and pretend to work now."

Of course, she knew I was just joking... well, half-joking... well...

-Arrian
                    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                      I clicked on this thread.
                      Meh, I was going to say that...
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I keep on washing my clothes and forgetting to something ni the washer...usually clothes, but last week it was the washing powder...
                        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Did you ever forget the water?

Comment

Luckily no; we have washing machines in college, and they don't forget the water
                            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

My wife will start the laundry, stop it so the clothes can soak, and forget to re-start it...for days at a time! We're talkin' three and four and five days later.

Also, I moved all my projects to a USB drive so I could work on them where ever I went but I keep forgetting the USB drive at home.[BTW: Gatekeeper, that's why your map hasn't gotten done. ]

Tom P.

Comment

Working...
                              X