Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does XBOX come with the Bill Gates control?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does XBOX come with the Bill Gates control?

OTTAWA - Just because you're the daughter of Bill Gates does not mean you get to play on your computer all day long.

The Microsoft founder said his 10-year-old daughter, his oldest child, was not a hard-core Internet and computer user until this year, when she started at a school where the students use tablet computers for almost everything.

"She became very avid and discovered a lot of computer games, including one that runs on the Xbox 360 called Viva Pinata, where you take care of your garden," he told a business audience in Ottawa.

"She could spend two or three hours a day on this Viva Pinata, because it's kind of engaging and fun."

Gates said he and his wife Melinda decided to set a limit of 45 minutes a day of total screen time for games and an hour a day on weekends, plus what time she needs for homework.

Microsoft's new Vista software enables parents to control the Web sites their kids go to but also includes an audit log that records sites they have visited and whom they've been Instant Messaging.

"Up to some age, to be determined, it's very appropriate for a parent to get a sense of what they're seeing out there and be able to have conversations about it," he said.

"My son said, 'Am I going to have limits like this my whole life?', and I said, 'No, when you move away you can set your own screen limits'," Gates recounted, to audience laughter.

so should xbox by default stop functioning after 45 mins?
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

in other news, bush gets his morning... juice

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
      in other news, bush gets his morning... juice
      Bush loves to do these photo ops where he looks like a trained professional when in reality he is just a trained ape. A poorly trained ape at that.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Bush loves to do these photo ops where he looks like a trained professional when in reality he is just a trained ape.

Ouch!

Comment

Re: Does XBOX come with the Bill Gates control?

Originally posted by MarkG
          OTTAWA - Just because you're the daughter of Bill Gates does not mean you get to play on your computer all day long.

The Microsoft founder said his 10-year-old daughter, his oldest child, was not a hard-core Internet and computer user until this year, when she started at a school where the students use tablet computers for almost everything.

"She became very avid and discovered a lot of computer games, including one that runs on the Xbox 360 called Viva Pinata, where you take care of your garden," he told a business audience in Ottawa.

"She could spend two or three hours a day on this Viva Pinata, because it's kind of engaging and fun."

Gates said he and his wife Melinda decided to set a limit of 45 minutes a day of total screen time for games and an hour a day on weekends, plus what time she needs for homework.

Microsoft's new Vista software enables parents to control the Web sites their kids go to but also includes an audit log that records sites they have visited and whom they've been Instant Messaging.

"Up to some age, to be determined, it's very appropriate for a parent to get a sense of what they're seeing out there and be able to have conversations about it," he said.

"My son said, 'Am I going to have limits like this my whole life?', and I said, 'No, when you move away you can set your own screen limits'," Gates recounted, to audience laughter.

so should xbox by default stop functioning after 45 mins?
          I'm sure Asher will explain later why that is completely different.

Comment

caption:
            President Bush takes a whiff of ethanol

i think he mistook it for vodka

Comment

Microsoft's new Vista software ... includes an audit log that records sites they have visited
              that's like the History page, or not?

Comment

Interesting pose from Gates there
                Attached Files
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I thought he was practicing some martial arts stuff to scare away Apple users
                  Blah

Comment

Who did the swasitka PH? Do you have a 5 year old on acid in the room with you?

Comment

@ PH
                      In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever
                        Who did the swasitka PH? Do you have a 5 year old on acid in the room with you?
                        Nope, that is the level of my artistic ability...I was always a bit top heavy on the science
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris
                          @ PH
                          Now that's not nice: with PH
                          Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

Bush loves to do these photo ops where he looks like a trained professional when in reality he is just a trained ape. A poorly trained ape at that.
                            Bush loves to do these photo ops where he tries to look like a trained professional, but in reality he just looks like a trained ape. A poorly trained ape at that.

Comment

Bill is a bad parent

Whats Bush profession btw?
                              I need a foot massage

Comment

Working...
                              X