LCD Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCD Monitor

So my Trinitron 21 inch (or more?) CRT just died. I ran it on 1600x1200.

So I need to get a new one, and I would like to get something decent. That means at least as good of resolution as I had, nice colors, good viewing angle, good speed, etc...

Here is one that looks decent: MultiSync LCD2070VX ( http://www.necdisplay.com/products/P...fm?Product=489 )

But I didn't see it at any neighboring stores. I want to know what others have seen also.. I would sort of like to spend less than $500. What do others have experience with?

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

That one I can buy at stores for 350... which is a lot more than Newegg..

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Wait, it was the samsung 20 inch that I was looking at, not the widscreen.

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

I have a 19" Samsung LCD monitor, has behaved very well...although if I upgrade my computer I would like to get something a bit bigger this time
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I've had a Viewsonic 20.1 inch LCD for a while. It's been amazing. They even replaced it for free when there was a problem with it about a year and a half after I got it.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Any particular reason why you want to buy it in a local store?
              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Convenience? I suppose it would mean he could get it quickly if his current monitor is completely buggered...but you may end up paying over the odds for it if you are not careful...
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                  Any particular reason why you want to buy it in a local store?
                  So I can get it replaced easily. Might by Newegg though if it is so much cheaper.

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

We’re sorry, but this page does not existing. Please visit our home page for more information.

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Here's the equivalent of what I have. The model number is a bit different, but it's the same product.

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

That is another one that I have considered.

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Mmmm...if I get another system I will probably go for something maybe a little bigger than that - just for the sheer hell of it...I do like a big monitor
                          Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Although saying that, I do have a 40" one I can use at any point, but it doesn't fit on my desk
                            Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Weaksauce 4:3

WELCOME TO 1999 LOLOL
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                              X