Anyone Still Read Newspapers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Still Read Newspapers?

For the last month or so I've been picking up the local statewide newspaper and reading it at lunch. I don't have access to computer at work and most of the time I take my lunch by myself so I pass the time while I'm eating by reading the paper. I hadn't actually took the time to read a newspaper in quiet some time. After I'm done I usually leave it or simply give it to someone else who is there to read.

Anyone else read an actual paper or do all you all get your news from TV or online?
    Yes
    90.48%
    No
    9.52%
    Only the Banana Pages
    0.00%
    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Only get it when I'm on a train and need to make sure nobody sits next to me.. or if I go for a quiet pint.
    www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Primarily online, but we still get the Reno Gazette-Journal delivered every morning.
      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

I actually prefer a newspaper, but don't subscribe to the local. I make an effort to read Sunday's edition .
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

The problem is with ours in Britain is the quality is rubbish. There's no incisive analysis - just the usual biases and opinions in each rag.
          www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
            I actually prefer a newspaper, but don't subscribe to the local. I make an effort to read Sunday's edition .
            I kind of do to. I enjoy the local news and the international news is actually kind of good. It's kind of a waste though cause I don't read the whole thing just state, international, sports and business sections. Occasionaly I'll read the entertainment but a lot of it I don't get around to.
            Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by Sprayber

I kind of do to. I enjoy the local news and the international news is actually kind of good. It's kind of a waste though cause I don't read the whole thing just state, international, sports and business sections. Occasionaly I'll read the entertainment but a lot of it I don't get around to.
              I like teh local news. They always struggle to fill the time though.
              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

I subscribe to Jyllands-Posten, Denmark's largest circulation-daily, the one with the Muhammed cartoons.

Next month will mark 20 years since I started this subscription.

I don't have a TV, I don't have a radio.

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                  I subscribe to Jyllands-Posten, Denmark's largest circulation-daily, the one with the Muhammed cartoons.

We don't have any brave newspapers like that here.
                  www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

mainly sunday only
                    anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Originally posted by Winston

Next month will mark 20 years since I started this subscription.

I don't have a TV, I don't have a radio.
                      Amazing in this day and age. You still have music?
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

We get the International Herald Tribune Mon-Sat (they don't publish on Sundays) and the Singapore Straits Times on Sat and Sun.

In the US, we get the local paper every day and the NY Times on Sunday.

Newspapers
                        "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

By contrast, though, I never watch tv news unless I'm following a breaking story. I haven't seen the news on tv since the midterm elections last November.
                          "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

I read the paper about every second day-- I actually alternate between our two local papers. I prefer the Herald but do get the SUN when I have less time
                            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
                              By contrast, though, I never watch tv news unless I'm following a breaking story. I haven't seen the news on tv since the midterm elections last November.
                              THEN YOU HAVEN'T HEARD!?!?!?

Anna Nicole Smith is dead!!!!

They keep saying on TV that I'm obsessed with it, so it must be true.

ACK!
                              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                              X