So the Prince goes to the war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So the Prince goes to the war

Prince Harry goes with his regiment to Iraq soon. Do you think it's a good idea or not?

Well, naturally they won't place him in the worst possible place, but to my understanding he has been consistent that he wants to do his time and not get too many breaks about it.

So there's going to be some risk for him I reckon, there's always some risks involved, plus he is supposed to be some kind of combat guy and not the coffee maker, so even if he doesn't see any real fighting, he shouldn't be inside an office either.

If I was an insurgent, I'd really really make an effort to kidnap the prince. Just figure how big of a chip it would be. A) give us what we want or the prince dies, or B) just make one of them beheading videos and spread it via the internet to everyone.

The risk is small, but if the insurgents have any brain cells left, they will make this some kind of priority task, and who knows, if they get sloppy out there, it might succeed.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Non-news.
    www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Chrith Eubank doesn't seem to think so

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Well, naturally they won't place him in the worst possible place,
        Why is that?

I'd imagine his unit would have gotten their orders long before they knew he was assigned to it.
        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

The possible turn of events just seems unthinkable. I mean what would you do, if you had the prince kidnapped? You know he is going to die unless they release him, which is unlikely unless they get what they asked for.

Are you going to say, well, we won't negotiate. Then he is dead for sure. And how stupid it would be, since Britain is pulling out anyway pretty soon.. so like the last soldier who died was the prince?

Or, what if he dies in friendly fire? That would be a small disaster as well.
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

It is dangerous out there and he might get shot...by an American...
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
              Chrith Eubank doesn't seem to think so

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/6387231.stm
              Why is it Kent news when he is from Sussex and was arrested by Charing Cross police?
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Patrokolos, because people who are in charge of that unit are not suicidial enough to put him where the greatest risk is present. Yeah you can say, well he is just like everyone else. True, and also not true. Because if he gets kidnapped, there's a lot more pressure than if it was just someone we don't know. So, he is way more valuable in the field for the enemy.
                In da butt.

Comment

You know, that is a damn good question
                  Speaking of Erith:

Comment

If Harry is captured by terrorists, just re-iterate the news that he isn't really the son of Charles anyway.
                    Last edited by Dauphin; February 22, 2007, 19:03.
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

The resemblance is pure coincidence

Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Knowing Princess Di, it is entirely possible that he looks like the old milkman too
                        Speaking of Erith:

Comment

They say he leads some kind of armoured recon unit of 12 people. That sounds a bit risky, not making coffee.

I mean, my point is, is it really wise, since he will bring a lot of attention, people trying to get them. Would it be an honour to serve side by side with the prince? I'd rather stay alive than make some dreams come true for the prince who isn't too sharp to begin with.

I guess it's what he needs to do though, I mean he won't be the king, he will be shadowed by his brother, and his reputation is being kind of dumb and a kid who screws up things. So.. by volunteering to go to war, and insisting to go, well, I mean that's something that puts him up a bit, as in he has actually done something else than just have his ass fed by the servants. But.. OTOH, he will bring unwanted attention in the field. Few people might have to die for his dream.
                          In da butt.

Comment

Pekka, we don't give a flying f**k about what he is doing in Iraq...it is of far more import who his father is
                            Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Perhaps it was the carrot top?
                              In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                              X