No announcement yet.

Spears and Chimpanzees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, I understand chimpanzees have always been into random, pointless outbursts of aggression towards innocuous targets. This is, if anything, unusually focused. And Dubya always was the black sheep of their group.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
      This sounds like weak ****. No doubt these dolts considered any stick stuck into a tree truck to be a spear when in fact the behavior could be something entirely different.
      I think it sounds very interesting actually- some of the chipms, as the article said sharpened the point, and they were going after bush babies. What else would you call a long wooden tool used to kill an animal? It might not be a good spear, or thrown about, it it still sounds like calling it a spear is justified.
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

"It's classic in primates that when there is a new innovation, particularly in terms of tool use, the younger generations pick it up very quickly. The last ones to pick up are adults, mainly the males", said Dr Pruetz, who led the National Geographic-funded project.
        Youth > Adults

Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

What do you know, child?
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I guess that he has seen his mother poking around with a stick to collect food and has picked up the method himself
            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
              What do you know, child?
              I wouldn't insult lack of experience were I you.

Comment

What are you insinuating Kuci?
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                X