Student arrested over MySpace page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Student arrested over MySpace page

Another student being mistreated. ASHER! Go to the rescue.

Mesquite student arrested over MySpace page 11:53 AM CST

11:55 AM CST on Wednesday, February 21, 2007

By RICHARD ABSHIRE / The Dallas Morning News
    rabshire@dallasnews.com

Mesquite police have arrested a Poteet High School student accused of creating a MySpace page using the name and photos of a teacher.

The 15-year-old, who wasn't identified because he is a juvenile, faces a state jail felony charge of fraudulent use of identifying information.

The Web page included derogatory comments phrased as if they had come from the teacher, said Lt. Steve Callarman, a Mesquite police spokesman. He said it was clear that the site was intended to harm the teacher's reputation or to upset her.

MySpace removed the page after being notified by police that it was fraudulent.

Lt. Callarman said the student bragged to other students about what he had done. A witness said the youth appeared to think it was a joke, the lieutenant said.

The youth was arrested Tuesday and released to a parent but faces a date in juvenile court.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

I was in Mesquite once. Didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

Could've been because it was the one in Nevada..

Comment

One of the asinine assistant principals from my old high school has a fake myspace page. It's thoroughly offensive but not as funny as it could be. He does have more friends than I do, though.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

How many years are he going to jail for this ?
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

This is clearly a death penalty case.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat
            How many years are he going to jail for this ?
            If the prosecutor goes full force with this, he'll likely be remanded to juvie hall until he's 21 and then be on probation for a little while after that. As a minor, he won't see prison time for identity fraud.
            The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

With a mark on his rap sheet for life or is that cleared when 21 ?
              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

The worst part is that you are probably not joking. At least I wouldn't be that surprised if he were given a very harsh punishment, given some of the cases I hear about from Ameristan lately... To me this sounds like a relatively harmless prank.

Meanwhile, my email inbox is overflowing with fraudulent spam email, my wiki is being sex-linkspammed by bots, and my server logs are filling with intrusion attempts. And nobody in a position to do anything seems to care.
                http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

Re: Student arrested over MySpace page

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                  Another student being mistreated. ASHER! Go to the rescue.
                  I think you meant Ozzy.

I'm surprised you haven't advocated smashing this student's head repeatedly into the concrete.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

In this case the head would be smashed repeatedly into the ice...
                    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

The first comment was kind of joking, but the second is serious. It's not fun to have such black spots as the result of some juvenile prank.

Oh, and no, I haven't had such

* mostly because I didn't get caught

Steven Weinberg

Comment

myspace. who goes on that these days.

Comment

Quiet Narc! We're on to you!
                          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

what's a Narc?

Comment

Could I face charges?

A friend and I were the first to register the Pope's new vatican email for MSN.

Should I face charges?
                              Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Working...
                              X