Australia plans to ban light bulbs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
    Mobius even bans people of Incan descent from his home, that racist.
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
      Mobius even bans people of Incan descent from his home, that racist.
      Francisco Pizarro is my hero!
      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
        Why not ban CFLs in favour of LEDs?
        Because they're not widely available enough in the standard lightbulb form and as such are more expensive in terms of the consumer market. They are out there, but production needs to ramp up a lot. At least manufacturers are adopting LEDs as parts for consumer products.
        The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Doddler in 3... 2... 1...

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
            Because they're not widely available enough in the standard lightbulb form and as such are more expensive in terms of the consumer market. They are out there, but production needs to ramp up a lot. At least manufacturers are adopting LEDs as parts for consumer products.
            No better way to ramp up supply and demand than government intervention.

Why ban light bulbs in favour of CFLs if 10 years from now they'll ban CFLs in favour of LEDs? Skip the middle man.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Are you counting on a government to do something right??

The market will handle this when people stop paying lip service to Kyoto and start exhibiting behaviors consistent with the way they keep saying they want our government to head.

Its actually encouraging to see that their are real ways to efefctively cut energy usage
              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Why not ban CFLs in favour of LEDs?

But small steps. Australia
                B♭3

Comment

It's about time, I've often wondered why this ban isn't applied at a much larger scale already.

Ozzy.
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                  Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                    Doddler in 3... 2... 1...

-Arrian
                    Another environmental hoax being used as a smokescreen for authoritarianism.
                    www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Why ban light bulbs in favour of CFLs if 10 years from now they'll ban CFLs in favour of LEDs? Skip the middle man.
                      Well that would make sense, but these are politicians we're talking about...
                      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

australia

Comment

Flourescent light is nasty. The color is bad. The subliminal flicker causes eyestrain and headaches. I'm especially effected by it when sleepy or weary.
                          (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                          (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

I don't notice any problems with the CFLs I have in my house.

-Arrian
                            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                            X