Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suicide Bomber in Tel Aviv....

Captured in the last moment.

A terrorist from Jenin was captured in the last moment, hiding in an assistant's apartment in Yaffo (south Tel Aviv) among with several other palestinian accomplices. The appt. possibly belongs to an Israeli arab.

The terrorist was supposed to perform the attack this evening in a crowded area in Tel Aviv, but for some reason has dumped the bomb in a dumpster in Rishon Le Zion (south Tel Aviv) and found refuge in the hideout near by.

The terrorist was sent by a cell of the Palestinian Islamic Jihad in Jenin.

PIJ was responsible for killing 3 people in a successful suicide attack in the tourism city of Eilat in southern Israel last month.

PIJ military and political headquarters are situated in Syria and their main financier and political director is Iran.

//

If this has gone off, I don't know what would have happened with the spotty renewal of the political process.

This comes a day after a serious meeting between Israeli PM Olmert, and Palestinian President Abu Mazen, who met under American sponsorhip, with CondoleezzaRice 'in charge'.

Yeah, looks like all the diplomatic meetings are really helping .

Still, it's very good that he was caught .
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

glad they got him.
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

A bit of luck isn't bad - good they got him.
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

What kind of penalty will he likely be looking at do you think?

Here we just had three out of four ethnically diverse youths acquitted and the fourth sentenced to a stunning 7 years imprisonment for preparing, aiding and planning suicide bombings in connection with a Bosnian case involving one "Dane" and one "Swede". Although since the jurors returned guilty verdicts which were immediately reversed by the judges, there will be a retrial for the three innocent and severely misunderstood ones..

Comment

Is this thread based off a template?
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

The c++ style comment he left there was a dead giveaway, eh?

Comment

Denmark uses juries? I'd never guessed.
                Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Sounds to me like he wasn´t captured the last moment but decide for himself not to go on with the suicide attack (maybe the promise of the virgins in paradise didn´t contain enough virgins to persuade him to throw away his life and therefore, instead of his life, he threw the bomb away )

So, good that he didn´t ignite the bomb and even better that his capture led to the capture of other would be terrorists
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Good
                    "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Israel killed the PIJ leader responsible for the Jenin cell.

Some Hamas spokesperson said that this ends the truce (funny, how terrorist attacks apparently don't end truces).

Btw, the terrorist was caught in Bat Yam, not Yaffo.
                      And it was only about a block away from Az's current residense. I've spoken to him about it today and yesterday.

Proteus - it is unclear was it his decision to stop or did he suffer a malfunction, and didn't wanna get caught red handed with a not working explosive charge...

Comment

Wardrobe malfunction.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Nice job

Too bad about Eilat though, I still remember my vacation in there. Fond memories. Difficult to imagine some terrorist running their and blowing up stuff. What can I say, the only button he can push from now on is the one on his forehead.
                          In da butt.
                          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                            Wardrobe malfunction.
                            I see you are talking from experience.

Comment

Working...
                            X