Do you live with nerds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you live with nerds?

This is for USians: do you live in one of the nerdiest counties in the US?

According to the US census, in the following counties more than 50% of those over 25 years old have a college degree or higher. List in order of percentage, with population in thousands so one can see the size of the pool:

Arlington VA 66.4%, 192.
    Marin CA 59% 235.
    Alexandria City VA 58.8% 133.
    Fairfax VA 58.5% 999.
    Howard MD 57.8% 266.
    Boulder CO 57.6% 271.
    New York NY 57.5% 1,529.
    Mongomery MD 56.3% 918.
    Loudoun VA 55.7% 255.
    Albemarle VA 54.4% 84.
    Douglas CO 53.4% 249.
    Somerset NJ 51.9% 315.
    Hunterdon NJ 51.3% 126.
    San Francisco CA 50.1% 719.
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Since when do people with college degrees automatically qualify as "nerds"? Some of us do manage to have sex, you know...
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Nope. I live in a GM town.

There are probably only about 35-45% College. I would also think that number goes up if Technical College is included.
      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
        Since when do people with college degrees automatically qualify as "nerds"? Some of us do manage to have sex, you know...
        QFT

I was far nerdier than most college degree holders that I knew when I was in high school... heck when I was in grade school
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

QFT

Comment

Though I do live in the 4th on that list.

Comment

Virginia: the most educated state in the nation, clearly

Comment

You know, the appaling logic on display in the opening post really makes me question the value of liberal arts majors as human beings. Would we as a society really be any worse off if we woke up one morning to find that all the liberal arts majors had perished in the night? I think not...
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I think your sweeping condemnation of millions of students based on a single post written by one individual discredits your credibility enough to safely say you're full of crap.

Comment

My county is on that list.
                    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                      Virginia: the most educated state in the nation, clearly
                      Actually, no.

MA is tops, followed by CO, CT, MD, and NJ.

While the areas around DC in VA are highly educated, its balanced out by the rest of the state.

Comment

You know, the appaling logic on display in the opening post really makes me question the value of liberal arts majors as human beings. Would we as a society really be any worse off if we woke up one morning to find that all the liberal arts majors had perished in the night? I think not...
                        Clearly, you are a nerd.

Comment

I think your sweeping condemnation of millions of students based on a single post written by one individual discredits your credibility enough to safely say you're full of crap.

Oh no! I am bested!
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                            People who already got their degrees are no longer students. Sorry, try again.

Comment

QFT

well... except for the sex thing

Comment

Working...
                              X