IO scheduling for the win!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IO scheduling for the win!

I'm transcoding all of my TV shows so I can put them on an unnamed video/mp3 player. For the first series I tried, the program said it would take approximately 10 hours. I changed the save location to be on a different hard drive and it ended up with a new estimate - 5 hours. w00t

And I finally figured out what's been corrupting the library of the proprietary software paired with aforementioned mp3 player since I upgraded to Vista

Comment

How could you buy an iPod? Apple...
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

And you're using Vista, too? Christ, you're a de facto Mac user at this point...
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Score 1...

Comment

On the left, the world's foremost authority on hobos. On the right, Kuciwalker.
            Attached Files
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I think I'll double-count you since you still don't get it.

Score: 2.

Comment

Complete fair queuing
                Anticipatory
                Deadline
                Noop
                This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Ari

Comment

WTF is a Noop?
                    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                      WTF is a Noop?
                      No operation, which in this case means it doesn't actually reorder IO requests, just passes them through. Useful if your drive does the reordering by itself (i.e. supports TCQ or NCQ).
                      This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Drake, a hint: it's far more embarrassing than what you suggested

Comment

Dude, I stopped caring a long time ago...
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X